Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 09-13-2017, 08:56 AM   #1
Putney

Default Walgreens Hunting: Grim Tidings & Spell School

Hi all!
So I have been causally visiting Walgreens pharmacy in the Boston Area, hoping to find a Copy of Grim Tidings or Spell Skool. No luck. So I sat down this morning and called 10 stores, one of them was kind enough to see if they could order me one, but they admitted they where having trouble finding the product in their general inventory. Any official or casual advice on how to track these down other than paying a scalped price?
Thanks.
Putney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:02 AM   #2
HunterS
Marketing Director

Default Re: Walgreens Hunting: Grim Tidings & Spell School

The only official help I could say is checking if they are selling Munchkin: X-Men Edition. Munchkin games frequently share the same SKUs in Walgreens, so if they have that one, they may have one of the others tucked behind it (double stocked essentially).

Unfortunately at the moment Grimm Tidingsand Spell Skool may be getting harder to find, as they are selling out (Grimm Tidings more than Spell Skool since it's been there longer).
HunterS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:20 AM   #3
Putney

Interesting. It reminded me that the ups are on the product page. I will talk to a local manager and try to order that way.
Thanks!
Old 09-13-2017, 11:40 AM   #4
Putney

Ok, so they have all munchkin products under one company ordering code, so when the order "Munchkin" they get whatever the warehouse sends, which currently seems to be munchkin x-men. The manager compared the upc for Grimm and Skool, and they both came up as 2 in stock, while there were 2 munchkin x men on the shelves. I very much so wish they would just sell this stuff online.
Old 09-13-2017, 05:10 PM   #5
ColBosch

As of right now, there is a copy of Spell Skool on eBay for $21.95 w/ free shipping, and a copy of Grimm Tidings for $24.95 w/ free shipping. There may be more, but those were both listed very recently. Yes, that's a bit more than the $19.95 MSRP for each, but not scalper level prices.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:46 PM   #6
Mr_Draco

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
As of right now, there is a copy of Spell Skool on eBay for $21.95 w/ free shipping, and a copy of Grimm Tidings for $24.95 w/ free shipping. There may be more, but those were both listed very recently. Yes, that's a bit more than the $19.95 MSRP for each, but not scalper level prices.
Those actually are bad prices. With the cost of gas right, you'll spend that extra $5 in gas just driving around trying to find them.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grim tidings, spell skool, walgreens