Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 05-21-2019, 02:18 AM   #151
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Default Re: Decks of Destiny - Late April

$100,000 stretch goal revealed.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2512858
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 05:09 AM   #152
Chris Rice

That dice looks amaaaaaaaaazzzzinnnngggg!!!!
Chris Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 01:20 PM   #153
Shostak

Normally, I'm not a fan of numeral-style dice. But this one? This is a nice die. Well done! Here's hoping we hit that stretch goal!
Shostak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 03:48 PM   #154
Buzzardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shostak View Post
Normally, I'm not a fan of numeral-style dice. But this one? This is a nice die. Well done! Here's hoping we hit that stretch goal!
I very much prefer pips. However, I don't plan to use these. I plan to collect them, so numerals are fine. :)

Want a random dungeon? How about some tables for that? How about a random encounter?
Buzzardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 01:02 AM   #155
ColBosch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzardo View Post
I very much prefer pips. However, I don't plan to use these. I plan to collect them, so numerals are fine. :)
In all seriousness, I think I'm going to build a reinforced, felt-lined dice tower. I've got one of those laser-cut wood towers, and it's hella neat, but too small and flimsy for my nice metal dice. It'll be a fun project.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 01:58 PM   #156
larsdangly

I received my Hexagram zine yesterday and am very much enjoying it. One thing that I didn't imagine I'd care about but actually found very engaging and helpful is the ad in the back for DoD. I knew the facts of the campaign weeks ago, but seeing examples of the cards up close and sharply printed made it much easier to see what was going on.

And what you're doing with this product is super interesting. I'm struck by the specificity and creativity of the encounter and rumor cards; seeing clear examples of these makes it obvious that your aim is to let people approach an evening of roleplaying as a carefree pick-up game, without turning it into rote combat encounters. A GM would need to improvise a bit, but it is easy to imagine just pulling a card or two as launching off points and heading in any number of directions, and then once you find yourself in a ruined castle or dimension traveling tower or whatever, there are plenty of other cards to instantly create it's physical layout, inhabitants, treasures, etc. This mode of play won't replace the pre-planned campaign, but it has a lot to offer. I see it as more than just a matter of convenience: it's a catalyst for something closer to the freeform sandbox play style that I prefer. Can't wait for it to come together later this year!
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 06:56 PM   #157
kommisar

Question about this kickstarter. If I only want one sub assembly, can I get it through the kickstarter? Can I only pledge an amount equal to the add-on for that particular sub assembly?
Old 05-27-2019, 12:33 AM   #158
JLV

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
Question about this kickstarter. If I only want one sub assembly, can I get it through the kickstarter? Can I only pledge an amount equal to the add-on for that particular sub assembly?
Generally speaking, in Steve Jackson Games Kickstarters, you must pledge at some level BEFORE you may add add-ons (if that's not true for this Kickstarter, Phil or someone will promptly correct me here). Simply kicking a dollar into the pot without making a pledge does NOT permit you to add add-ons to your pledge.

So, you would have to at a minimum pledge $10 for the Players' Pack (and actually select that pledge level) before you could add anything on.
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 04:50 AM   #159
philreed
I do stuff and things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
If you select the $10 reward, then you may add other items. We avoid allowing add-ons at the no reward level because it’s complicated to juggle on our end.
philreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 11:06 AM   #160
Sholari

I also was looking over the Preview for the Decks of Destiny in the Hexagram zine booklet. There is a little more detail in this preview about the each set of cards which is great. These cards are going to be really helpful for me during the prep work for my games and during play.

I noticed the encounter cards in the Hexagram preview, but they are not mentioned in the actual Kickstarter. It would really great if they were added to the kickstarter. It even states that there are 60 encounter cards that have been already created. Or maybe this will be for a future kickstarter?
Sholari is offline   Reply With Quote