Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-03-2009, 12:07 PM   #1
sabanknight

Default New Gurps Supers Campaign

Well looked around a bit and figured this was the best place to post a new camp so here it is:

This Campaign is running on Gurps 4th ed and run on a maptools server (maptools found here rptools.net)
We are currently using gurps lite because we have a few newer players but will progress to basic set soon (Unless you have a specific thing you reeeeealy want to do and can cite the pg number)

This is a modern Gurps Supers campaign using various rules from the Gurps supers and Gurps Powers books

We are looking for a additional 2-3 players to join us on Saturday evenings from roughly 6 pm to 10-11 pm EST

I am aiming to run the game about 60/40 Combat/Roleplay

I have copies of most of the Gurps range if you do not have the books let me know and we will see if we can work something out for you.

Below is the original description of the campaign sent out to all my players:

The Campaign focuses on a select area of the population that have been "gifted" abilities above and beyond normal human capabilities. obviously various organizations both government and private would be interested in collecting or researching these biological phenomena a good reason to possibly keep said abilities hush hush. Characters can choose to have a variety of powers but usually centric around a theme mostly a single power that can manifest in slightly different forms or possibly a slightly a more powerful ability that is less versatile. Characters are not required to have powers but should have some method of keeping up with the bizarre abilities of their allies and foes. As to origins of powers I am flexible either scientific incident, supernatural, inventions, whatever. The most recent outbreak is a genetic defect causing various changes in the human DNA composition. although this condition is currently still under wraps it may not stay that way depending on how the characters and other factors react to the phenomenon.

Game Starting Year:2010
Genre Modern Semi cinematic
Multiple planes of existence? No
Campaign Starting Location: United States, New York
Tech LV 8
Starting point value 200
Max Disadvantages -100
Starting Wealth $20,000
Exotic/Supernatural allowed? Yes
Are PC Mages Allowed? Kinda' (possible to manifest as powers)
General Mana Level: Low Mana
Do areas of higher/lower mana exist? No
Are any of the spells from Chapter 5 off limits? Yes Check with GM
Are PC psis allowed? Yes
Are any of the powers from Chapter 6 off limits? No
Are PC gadgeteers allowed? Yes

We just ran our first game last Saturday and all had a lot of fun and a few laughs and threw me for a few loops. Want to join us? contact me at Sabanknight@yahoo.com
sabanknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:44 PM   #2
nerdvana

Default Re: New Gurps Supers Campaign

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabanknight View Post
Well looked around a bit and figured this was the best place to post a new camp so here it is
I believe posts like this belong in the Game Finder section... but I'm not a forum monitor so I'm not certain.
nerdvana is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
campaign, gurps, maptools, powers, supers