Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 01-23-2021, 07:13 AM   #1
smathers

Default DFRPG Supplements that I'd love

So, I'm getting ready to relaunch my former AD&D game as DFRPG and I've been digesting the material as I prepare. I really like the supplements, but here are some things I'd really like to see:

1) DFRPG versions of GURPS Warriors, Wizards, and Rogues (and/or other "class" books). I could really use a bunch of ready built characters that I can toss into the game with little effort as NPCs and I loved those works for that back in the 3rd edition days. Now, need to rebuild them with GCA and that takes valuable time. I don't even need a full character, just "box stats" like a monster might have; although a full character would be nice.

2) Compendiums of Magic Items and Monsters from other GURPS books that are suitable for DF. This could be as simple as a name and brief description with a reference to the original work or a full reprint of the original (maybe with some notes for converting to DF).

3) Almost anything that indexes existing GURPS books for DF. I have almost every GURPS 3rd Edition or 4th Edition book, but I'm having trouble remembering where things are and once again, it takes up time that I'd rather spend on the meat of the adventure.

And yes, I know that there is a start on some of these. DF Henchmen for example or the DF Monster books. I just see plenty of room for more in this area. I hope to see them soon! Take my money!!!
smathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 03:48 PM   #2
corwyn

Default Re: DFRPG Supplements that I'd love

Have you looked at this thread?

http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=152990

There's a bunch of decent characters in there.

Playing: GURPS Nordlond Dragons of Hosgarth
Running Savage Worlds Tour of Darkness (Vietnam + Mythos)
corwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 07:38 PM   #3
Dalin

The thread that Corwyn posted is a goldmine, but they're definitely fully fleshed out as potential PCs. It would be nice to have a broad selection of NPCs and foes at various point values available to quickly produce some bandits or street thugs or whatever. I usually just wing it, but my winged characters aren't always as memorable as I would like.

Douglas Cole is addressing this problem for The Fantasy Trip (TFT) with a series of short books of character types, including things like bandits, merchants, sailors, and full-on adventurers. Here's a link to a description of the first book: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...e-Fantasy-Trip.

I believe he is considering creating a similar line for DFRPG (really just converting the TFT characters). I'm sure he'll be glad to hear that there is demand for such. I know I'll buy them!
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 08:26 PM   #4
InexplicableVic

This will help for quite a few henchmen until a book is written: https://dungeonfantastic.blogspot.com/p/df.html.
InexplicableVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 06:05 PM   #5
smathers

Thank you for the links!
smathers is offline   Reply With Quote