Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > MIB Demo Events

Old 07-09-2009, 10:07 PM   #1
Cheese8242

Default Munchkin/MQ - West Lafayette, IN USA - The Sage's Shoppe - July 29th, 2009

What: Munchkin/Munchkin Quest

Where: The Sage's Shoppe
307 Sagamore Parkway West
Wabash Commons Shopping Plaza
West Lafayette, Indiana 47906

When: July 29th, 5:30 p.m. till store closes
MIB #4282

The Most Impressive Loser in the MQ Gauntlet
Cheese8242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:39 PM   #2
Cheese8242

Default Re: Munchkin/MQ - West Lafayette, IN USA - The Sage's Shoppe - July 29th, 2009

As usual I showed up to the demo early. Got everything set up, and by 5:10 two regulars showed up and sat down for some good ol' Munchkinly fun. Two other gentleman were playing M:tg and after finishing up about 5 minutes later decided to join us.

Asked everybody what flavor of Munchkin they wanted to play and the overwhelming response was either Cthulhu or Bites. Since it had been a little while since I had broke out the Bites deck, we settled on it. What followed was one of the most cutthroat games i have ever played in. One player seemed to be getting all the nasty, hurt your opponent, cards. However, wasn't getting any monsters. He was helping people win lots of combats though and gaining lots of treasure. He was fighting with an effective combat level of 25 (including having the Maninac Minion, when entering combat roll a die, 5 or 6 discard him). Well, he decided to look for trouble and threw down a Thesauras, level 20, 2 levels and 5 treasures. He rolled for his minion and got a 6 having to discard him. Which also ment that he now was only at an effective 20 combat level and not able to defeat the monster on his own. What followed was one of the most serious bidding wars I have ever seen.

Player 1: I'll help for all the treasure.
Player 2: I'll help for 4 treasures of my choice.
Player 3: I'll do it for any 4 treasures of your choice.
P1: 3 treasures my choice.

And so on and so on, till player 3 was willing to do it for a single treasure of the main combatants choice. And all this time I sat there quit. Just as the main combatant was going to accept the deal I stepped in.

Me: I'll help you for 5 treasures my choice, but you will get 3 levels and 3 treasures also.

MC: How?

Me: accept my help and you'll see.

MC: Ok, you can help.

I then proceeded to throw down a wandering monster and the Wom Bat, level 12, 3 treasures, which I then proudly declared dead, for I had the Bat Bat as an item in play.

Just as the main Combatant and I thought we had pulled off an amazing win, Player 2 decided to throw down a Flee Powder and made us run away. I couldn't help but laugh. It was an epic battle.

Shortly afterwards with the help of P3 (who really wanted to try out Munchkin Quest) I won the game defeating 3 Bats.

We then broke out the MQ set and played 2 rounds, but as the store was closing had to call it after that.
MIB #4282

The Most Impressive Loser in the MQ Gauntlet
Cheese8242 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
demo, munchkin, munchkin quest