Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-05-2008, 08:07 AM   #1
cbower

Default Supernatural Durability and Fragile: Unnatural

Many of the elements of Supernatural Durability seem to be perfect for fantasy-type zombies: immunity to stun, shock, unconciousness, and crippling, among others. However, they should die well before -10xHT.

If Fragile: Unnatural and Supernatural Durability are combined, SD becomes much less valuable, since death comes automatically at -HT. I think that this deserves a special limitation for SD, kind of like the No Fine Manipulators limitation for ST and DX. I think that -50% feels about right. Any thoughts?
cbower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 08:32 AM   #2
Anders

Default Re: Supernatural Durability and Fragile: Unnatural

Aren't these elements covered by Immunity to Metabolic Hazards and Injury Tolerance (Unliving)?
Old 04-05-2008, 08:58 AM   #3
cbower

As far as I can tell, they don't. IT:U just affects how much damage you take from certain attacks. Immunity to Metabolic Hazards doesn't cover shock, stun, or unconciousness.
cbower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 10:13 AM   #4
NineDaysDead
Banned

Supernatural Durability has some vague wording (What does Knockout mean? Unconsciousness? Unconsciousness from sleep spells and drugs?) and leaves some unanswered questions (“You don’t need High Pain Threshold –this ability includes that one, and is far more potent!” So how does it interact with the Pain and Agony conditions and with interrogation?), so first you need to define the effects you want:

I would price “Immunity to Pain” at 30 points making you immune to Shock, Stunning and Knockdown rolls, Unconsciousness from critical hits, Pain and Agony conditions and pain based interrogation, some pain type results from the Criticals tables and anything High Pain Threshold helps with.

Very Common: Immuntiy to Unconsciousness from every source [30].
Common: Immuntiy to unconsciousness from Violence (Stunning and Knockdown rolls, Unconsciousness from the criticals tables, Unconsciousness rolls below 0 HP,) [15].
Occasional: Immuntiy to unconsciousness from sudden injury (Stunning and Knockdown rolls, Unconsciousness from critical tables) [10]; Immuntiy to unconsciousness from systems failure (Unconsciousness rolls below 0 HP,) [10].

Immuntiy to Crippling looks like a weaker for of IT:Unbreakable bones [10], I’d call it 5 points. Immuntiy to Crippling “only above 0HP” looks like a perk [1].
Quote:
As long as you have 0 or more HP, you are also immune to crippling injuries, and have your full Move. Below 0 HP, you are at half Move, and can be crippled,
Doesn’t say anything about Dodge so I guess it’s just Move. Previous discussion pegged immuntiy to halving move and dodge below 1/3HP around 10 points, so move alone should be worth maybe a quarter of that [3], “Only above 0HP, Move only” looks like a perk [1], you’re only shifting things from below 1/3 HP to 0 HP.

All together that looks like:
Immunity to Pain” [30]
Immuntiy to unconsciousness from systems failure (Unconsciousness rolls below 0 HP,) [10]
Immuntiy to Crippling “only above 0HP” [1]
Doesn’t Weaken “Only above 0HP, Move only” [1]

Total 42

So a -72% limitation.
NineDaysDead is offline   Reply With Quote