Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Ogre and G.E.V.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:28 AM   #1
Misplaced Buckeye

Default Comments on Ogrezine

First off, Well Done. The articles are interesting and the little taste of history never hurts; one always needs to know from where one came. I'll be digging more deeply into the zine but wanted to fire this off before I forget to to do(I'm old what do you expect?)

A notes to the publisher;

1) I would like to know a little about the authors of the articles. Some authors yes they are well know but the new faces deserve a few sentences for fame.

And a question: regarding the article on the QTRUCK(definitely being added to the arsenal), it is mentioned that a QHOVER wasn't feasible. But Drew don't we have MSLGEV in the Barbarians? That was rhetorical because I'm looking at one as I write. Just an observance.

Overall gentlemen a very nice start and here's wishing a continuance to the continuity both canon and alt history.
Misplaced Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 07:59 AM   #2
wolf90

Default Re: Comments on Ogrezine

Re: bios, it was a consideration. I chose to keep things pretty streamlined this time, but certainly will review the decision. That said, I think it would be fun to pull together an "Ogre News - Meet Ogrezine's Contributors" release. I'll add it to my "to do" list . . .

As far as the Barbarians Missile GEV, remember that the new units in that release are officially variants (as are those in Ogrezine). Although I put them through their paces, as a unit it has not had the level of play testing and vetting that the true "official" ones have had. Game balance is a tricky thing . . .!

D.
Proud sponsor of Ogre KS $4.5k Sheet #3 - Bringing the Vatican Guard, a Tiger-striped mercenary unit, and of course pink GEVs, to a game near you! Orders may be placed here.
wolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 08:10 AM   #3
offsides

I don't know that there's much to tell about me, I'm just an Ogre enthusiast with a side hobby of writing (mostly HP fanfic, but still). The whole Pittsburgh thing's been rattling around for almost a decade, this just gave me the impetus to flesh it out a little more and polish it up for actual publication.

And I want, nay need to know who the artist for the image in my article is - that rendition of the Mk VI/Vulcan hybrid is amazing! It's a little cleaner than I imagined it (literally - I always assumed it would be a bit more dirty and scuffed from effectively living in a junkyard), but it still blew me away when I first saw it. Heck, kudos to ALL the artists who submitted stuff, it's all fantastic.

Thanks again to SJG for accepting my article, and to everyone else who contributed to it for some awesome stuff!
Joshua Megerman, SJGames MIB #5273 - Ogre AI Testing Division
offsides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 08:54 AM   #4
Misplaced Buckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by offsides View Post
I don't know that there's much to tell about me, I'm just an Ogre enthusiast with a side hobby of writing (mostly HP fanfic, but still). The whole Pittsburgh thing's been rattling around for almost a decade, this just gave me the impetus to flesh it out a little more and polish it up for actual publication.

And I want, nay need to know who the artist for the image in my article is - that rendition of the Mk VI/Vulcan hybrid is amazing! It's a little cleaner than I imagined it (literally - I always assumed it would be a bit more dirty and scuffed from effectively living in a junkyard), but it still blew me away when I first saw it. Heck, kudos to ALL the artists who submitted stuff, it's all fantastic.

Thanks again to SJG for accepting my article, and to everyone else who contributed to it for some awesome stuff!
Thanks for putting yourself out there.
Misplaced Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 10:44 AM   #5
ColBosch

The finished book is absolutely fantastic. The last couple pages were a nice surprise. Good work, to everyone involved!
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 11:45 AM   #6
wolf90

Quote:
Originally Posted by offsides View Post
And I want, nay need to know who the artist for the image in my article is - that rendition of the Mk VI/Vulcan hybrid is amazing!
That would be Steve Jackson Games own Brandon Moore. His work has graced many of the Ogre products, including many of the images in Ogrezine. He is incredible! I'm glad you appreciated his work.

D.
Proud sponsor of Ogre KS $4.5k Sheet #3 - Bringing the Vatican Guard, a Tiger-striped mercenary unit, and of course pink GEVs, to a game near you! Orders may be placed here.
wolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 12:19 PM   #7
jfleisher

I really like the GEV specifications pages, would love to the rest of the units get this treatment!

My Ogre Miniatures Blog: http://ogreminiatures.blogspot.com
jfleisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 06:56 PM   #8
GranitePenguin
Ogre Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfleisher View Post
I really like the GEV specifications pages, would love to the rest of the units get this treatment!
Something tells me that wasn't a standalone submission :-)
Old 04-23-2018, 07:03 AM   #9
Knockman

Nothing arrived in the W23 Downloads yet.

E-mail Contact: tiffingames@gmail.com

BGG Link: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamee...ponsored-count

Update: 8th June 2018 - officially formatted S&TO Rules Version 3 now available on this website.
Knockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 07:15 AM   #10
Leonidas
Banned

It worked for me. I got it from Warehouse 23.

Leonidas
Leonidas is offline   Reply With Quote