Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-07-2017, 04:10 PM   #1
AlexanderHowl

Default [IW] Looking for Lost Loves

I was wondering how often do you think that the I-Cops have to worry about people from Homeline trying to find the alternative versions of loved ones who died? Or alternative versions of 'the one who got away' from high school, college, etc.?
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:31 PM   #2
cptbutton

Default Re: [IW] Looking for Lost Loves

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
I was wondering how often do you think that the I-Cops have to worry about people from Homeline trying to find the alternative versions of loved ones who died? Or alternative versions of 'the one who got away' from high school, college, etc.?
Hi, My name is Dave and I am a Crosstime Romance Retryaholic.
cptbutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 05:40 PM   #3
patchwork

Well, the number of people who can afford a conveyor and also nostalgically pining for the past is probably small...but of that set, lots. It's a good idea for an adventure or two. I suppose it says something about me that I went to the creepy end first...had a character who tended to hunt and slowly kill their rapist's analogs...
patchwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 05:42 PM   #4
Flyndaran
Untagged

Stalkers are horrifyingly common. And while not all turn violent, enough do to make reasonable authorities take very strong precautions.
Old 12-07-2017, 09:31 PM   #5
AlexanderHowl

Crosstime tourism is rather common for people from Homeline, and crosstime immigration from Homeline seems to be fairly standard. I imagine that if a successful 40 year old wanted to immigrate to a timeline 20 years behind Homeline, few people would really care as long as he or she did not give up the Secret. If he or she happens to hook up with the twenty year old version of their former college sweetheart, I doubt that anyone in Infinity will know or will care.
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:09 PM   #6
Maz

How about parents abdopting kids, they had lost, from alternative Homelines? A small kid might not really notice anything but "mum and dad is acting weird", for a short period.
Maz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:55 PM   #7
Flyndaran
Untagged

And when the kid acts like the unique individuals they are, the parents continue down the path of psychosis. There would likely be a whole Law And Order: Crosstime Crimes Unit.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:06 AM   #8
Maz

I am now imagining a plot where "the same kid" goes missing across many worlds. The culprit is a rich mom who lost her kid tragically and keep abdopting "new" ones but ending up killing them because "they werent RIGHT".

[edit]Plot twist: even though psychotic and very irrational... she is still right. The kid has a very dark trait or power. In the core homeline, the power didn't have time to manifest before the kid died (potentially because of the power). But in all the others they survived and the power is growing. With each 'new' kid she brings home, the kid is a few months older, and the power more powerful. [/edit]

Last edited by Maz; 12-08-2017 at 12:27 AM.
Maz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:11 AM   #9
Tomsdad

How about a particularly narcissistic person looking for just the right younger version of themselves to be their own heir
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 12:26 AM   #10
Flyndaran
Untagged

I suppose that's the real source for all of Batman's Robins.