Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-26-2017, 09:11 AM   #1
Hellboy
On Notice

Default Minimum realistic move

I was reading about pregnancy guidelines at http://www.sjgames.com/pyramid/sample.html?id=1384 and it recommends getting Reduced Move. There are guidelines for the % above or below default from basic Speed you can buy your move. In turn also guidelines you can buy basic speed down or up from its HT/DX basis. If you were already at lowest could pregnancy allow you to go lower?

With the point loss, should you get advantages in exchange? Was thinking maybe some kind of social status or allies to represent people wanting to help out.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 09:16 AM   #2
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Minimum realistic move

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
With the point loss, should you get advantages in exchange? Was thinking maybe some kind of social status or allies to represent people wanting to help out.
Social Regard (Venerated) is appropriate. The size of the bonus is culture dependent though.
Old 09-26-2017, 10:01 AM   #3
Rupert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I was reading about pregnancy guidelines at http://www.sjgames.com/pyramid/sample.html?id=1384 and it recommends getting Reduced Move. There are guidelines for the % above or below default from basic Speed you can buy your move. In turn also guidelines you can buy basic speed down or up from its HT/DX basis. If you were already at lowest could pregnancy allow you to go lower?
Bear in mind that Move 1 is about 2 miles per hour (and ~3.3 km/h), an easy walk for most people. There are definitely people with moves lower than this, but they aren't going to be in good health at all, and GURPS doesn't really have a way of dealing with fractional Move, so I'd go with Move 1 as a minimum unless the character is functionally immobile in 'combat time', in which case they'd get Move 0, and a note about how fast they can move in a non-tactical timeframe.

"A pessimist is an optimist with a sense of history."
Rupert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 01:37 PM   #4
Flyndaran
Untagged

Move is about what you can do, not what you prefer.
So 1 means that they purposefully, when trying, can only manage 2 mph.
We could crawl faster than that. Our knees wouldn't enjoy it, of course.