Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-19-2017, 08:54 PM   #11
chandley

Default Re: How balanced is it to allow Martial Arts options in a Dungeon Fantasy campaign?

Haven't had any issues with TA. Combinations haven't really caught anyone's eye, often better just to crank skill and rapid strike/deceptive attack. I've even recently uncapped the number of attacks you can get from rapid strike. Like it says in MA, it's pretty self limiting. Even with WM, -6, -9, -12 starts to weigh in pretty heavily when you ALSO have to worry about cratering defenses with DA or Feint.

Martial Arts works with DF pretty well I find.
Old 09-23-2017, 04:01 PM   #12
kirbwarrior

Default Re: How balanced is it to allow Martial Arts options in a Dungeon Fantasy campaign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Set View Post
I see!

So I will not allow TAs for the 125-points adventure, while allowing it for the 300-points one.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys.
I would like to explain my point better. I was specifically talking about Dungeon Fantasy's point values. Any other type of campaign can easily be fine with TA even as low as 0pt characters (I've never played lower or heard of what it's like lower). In Dungeon Fantasy itself, the lower point values usually make TA better because the types of enemies you can see at lower values will almost always carry common weaknesses; As Bruno pointed out, legs. There aren't many 25pt monsters that don't have legs.
kirbwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote