Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2017, 09:08 AM   #21
MiB1213
 
MiB1213's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Piscataway, NJ
Default Re: Form-Fillable Character Sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mook View Post
Actually... yeah, pretty sure I can. After the character sheet, those cards look like a walk in the park. :)

I'll see what I can do, report back when I have news.
That would be great. Thanks
__________________
~~The Illuminati is your friend~~
MiB1213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 11:27 AM   #22
mook
 
mook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Default Re: Form-Fillable Character Sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIB.6361 View Post
And maybe the Grimoire from the end of Spells if you're taking requests?
That one looks even easier, I'll try to give it a whirl. :thumbs up:
__________________
How to Be a GURPS GM, author
Game Geekery, Blog (GURPS combat examples, fillable PDF sheets, rules summaries, campaigns and one-shots, intro for beginners)
Discord, unofficial hangout and real-time chat
mook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 01:24 PM   #23
MiB1213
 
MiB1213's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Piscataway, NJ
Default Re: Form-Fillable Character Sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mook View Post
That one looks even easier, I'll try to give it a whirl. :thumbs up:
Perhaps this is the wrong thread to put this, but what the heck. Is there a way we can get a document just like the 2nd page of the GM control sheet found in GCA that can be a made too? I love the document but don't like the fact that I can't just enter character names and values for HP, FP, Energy reserve, etc.
I run a few different games, with different players and characters. Only two were made using the GCA, so I had to go back and write them all up. The software doesn't run properly on my laptop is its a headache for me. Can you do something similar or does anyone have a way to use the GCA with just printing that page?
__________________
~~The Illuminati is your friend~~
MiB1213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 02:58 PM   #24
MIB.6361
 
MIB.6361's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, USA, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Infinity.
Default Re: Form-Fillable Character Sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiB1213 View Post
Perhaps this is the wrong thread to put this, but what the heck. Is there a way we can get a document just like the 2nd page of the GM control sheet found in GCA that can be a made too? I love the document but don't like the fact that I can't just enter character names and values for HP, FP, Energy reserve, etc.
I run a few different games, with different players and characters. Only two were made using the GCA, so I had to go back and write them all up. The software doesn't run properly on my laptop is its a headache for me. Can you do something similar or does anyone have a way to use the GCA with just printing that page?
I don't use that page, I use the NPC cards (which print four to a page) for handling initiative. Index cards used to be my go-to until I figured this out.
However, you could load a blank character and then print the GM Control Sheet. Then you just ignore that line and write in your characters.
__________________
Jessie/MIB 6361
Arizona Men in Black Cell Leader
MIB.6361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 03:37 PM   #25
MiB1213
 
MiB1213's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Piscataway, NJ
Default Re: Form-Fillable Character Sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIB.6361 View Post
I don't use that page, I use the NPC cards (which print four to a page) for handling initiative. Index cards used to be my go-to until I figured this out.
However, you could load a blank character and then print the GM Control Sheet. Then you just ignore that line and write in your characters.
I like it for the breakdown of HP/FP and how it color codes the levels at which checks are made.
__________________
~~The Illuminati is your friend~~
MiB1213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 08:50 PM   #26
mook
 
mook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Default Re: Form-Fillable Character Sheet

That sounds a bit beyond the scope, but I want to be sure I'm understanding correctly... you're talking about the page that says "WOUND/USAGE RECORDING CHECKBOXES" at the top, and the color-coded boxes for HP/FP? I'm not sure how I would best replicate that as a generic blank, as the block structure is dependent on the specific PC's HP/FP scores.
__________________
How to Be a GURPS GM, author
Game Geekery, Blog (GURPS combat examples, fillable PDF sheets, rules summaries, campaigns and one-shots, intro for beginners)
Discord, unofficial hangout and real-time chat
mook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 12:31 PM   #27
Bruno
 
Bruno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Canada
Default Re: Form-Fillable Character Sheet

My (limited) understanding is that you could do something with scripting to dynamically hide/reveal boxes based on a number plugged into a field. I know how to do that on a web page, or if generating a static PDF using FOP and XSLT, but not in a form-fill PDF, unfortunately.
__________________
All about Size Modifier; Grand Unified Hit Location Table
A Wiki for my F2F Group
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 11:57 AM   #28
mook
 
mook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Default Re: Form-Fillable Character Sheet

Beta versions of two more form-fillable sheets are done. I'll give y'all a few days to make sure there are no errors before posting them on the blog. :)

Monster, Traps, and Diseases/Poisons Sheet
Spell Sheet
__________________
How to Be a GURPS GM, author
Game Geekery, Blog (GURPS combat examples, fillable PDF sheets, rules summaries, campaigns and one-shots, intro for beginners)
Discord, unofficial hangout and real-time chat
mook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 12:10 PM   #29
MiB1213
 
MiB1213's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Piscataway, NJ
Default Re: Form-Fillable Character Sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mook View Post
Beta versions of two more form-fillable sheets are done. I'll give y'all a few days to make sure there are no errors before posting them on the blog. :)

Monster, Traps, and Diseases/Poisons Sheet
Spell Sheet
Excellent 👍🏻
__________________
~~The Illuminati is your friend~~
MiB1213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
character sheet, dungeon fantasy

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.