Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Warehouse 23 Digital

Old 09-07-2017, 07:05 PM   #1
Steven Marsh

Default [New Release] GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Encounters 1: The Pagoda of Worlds

Dare you visit by design, or have you wandered there by accident? Do you face this structure's challenges and treasures for their own rewards, or are you drawn by the promise of travel to other worlds? These questions are yours to answer, with GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Encounters 1: The Pagoda of Worlds.

A cross between a location and an adventure, the Pagoda of Worlds is perfect to drop into your campaign with little notice, yet rich enough to plan a campaign plot around. And the included mini-bestiary can be used to surprise the heroes with six new threats.

Prepare yourself! Your guide on this journey is author Matt Riggsby; join him on the trek to The Pagoda of Worlds today . . . only from Warehouse 23!
Steven Marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 08:57 PM   #2
b-dog

Default Re: [New Release] GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Encounters 1: The Pagoda of Worlds

I bought this because I thought was an Asian style adventure. Some things I really like are the idea that the chi energy creates a sort of barrier keeping the demons and Elder Things in. I also like the undead that are not evil just in a bad mood due to their temple being violated like the guilded zombies. Also the idea that the undead outside the monastary are rising up because the temple has been sacked and it no longer keeps them in their graves. The treasures seem pretty cool and fiit with the East Asian style.

The things I would have liked better would have been to not have standard DF monsters like toxifiers, and phase serpents and crushrooms. I would have paid more money to have new monsters that fit into this East Asian style adventure. So in general I think it is useful and some the stuff is really interesting but the standard DF monsters are just shoehorned in and seem strange.
b-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 09:07 AM   #3
Rasputin

Default Re: [New Release] GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Encounters 1: The Pagoda of Worlds

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-dog View Post
The things I would have liked better would have been to not have standard DF monsters like toxifiers, and phase serpents and crushrooms. I would have paid more money to have new monsters that fit into this East Asian style adventure.
How is this an East Asian-style adventure, other than the use of the word "pagoda"?

My GURPS blog.
Rasputin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 09:27 AM   #4
b-dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
How is this an East Asian-style adventure, other than the use of the word "pagoda"?
There are Asian weapons and hopping ghosts which seem Asian to me.
b-dog is offline   Reply With Quote