Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 09-07-2017, 04:18 PM   #1
BeniJmnz

Default Munckin2: Curse! Tiny Hands

Quote:
Q. Does Curse! Tiny Hands prevent me from carrying an Item that requires 2 Hands, or just from equipping it?
A. It prevents you from carrying it, just like the card says. (It also prevents you from equipping it, of course, unless you Cheat!)
If i receive this curse, and i have several items on the table with 2 hands (in play), what do i have to do with them? sell or discard?
BeniJmnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 10:22 PM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Munckin2: Curse! Tiny Hands

Because it doesn't give you the option of selling them first, you must discard them.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 01:58 AM   #3
BeniJmnz

Can i use Cheat! to avoid loose a 2 hand-item?

and a new question...
is this curse discarded after his effect is done? or it will remains with player until he uses wishing ring? does exists another option to discard permanent curses?
in munchkin 2 i have seen several curses that seems be permanent (necrophobia, big feet and tiny hands). Are they permanent?

Last edited by BeniJmnz; 09-08-2017 at 04:00 PM. Reason: add a new question
BeniJmnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 08:50 AM   #4
MunchkinMan

I'm not sure on the Cheat! issue at the moment because I feel like that's circumventing losing the card, not just being able to use it. I'm searching now to see if we have ruled that we allow that kind of action to prevent the loss of the card, but my initial feeling would be no.

Curses that that have a continuous effect, like Curse! Tiny Hands, are what we tend to call persistent Curses. They are "permanent" in the sense that they will remain on your character until you use a card that will allow you to cancel/remove a Curse. For the most part, that means a Wishing Ring, which you can use to cancel such a Curse before it takes effect, or later on to remove a persistent Curse. However, removing a persistent Curse will not magically return anything it caused you to lose while it was still affecting you, it's just that the Curse is over and you can go back to doing whatever it was the Curse wouldn't let you do in the past.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote