Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 07-20-2017, 08:51 PM   #51
campbellsNYC

Default Re: Introducing: Munchkin Spell Skool

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed View Post
I don't think we have ever shared what's packed in the boxes. These were so limited, I don't even think we have many copies in our office. The games are out there somewhere.
Today I traveled for a wedding and found 2 copies of Walgreen's version of Zombie's in my hometown. Product is 1481W on the side of the box. It comes with an extra d6 (two instead of one), five promo cards in a zip seal type baggie, and a Zombies "exclusive" bookmark.

One box was dinged, but contents were fine. The other I have unopened if anyone's DYING for one ;) ... I might be willing to part with it. Otherwise I'll share it with friends!
campbellsNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 11:44 PM   #52
ColBosch

I've got one of those as my "standard" Zombies set.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 10:01 PM   #53
campbellsNYC

Speaking of "Introductions", tonight we played Spell Skool with a friend's family that had never played any Munchkin type game before. There were five playing and three of us helping. Before we played I thought a demo, along the lines of Marked for Death, might be helpful. But I didn't want to use Marked for Death itself because the Races do not exist in the base Spell Skool game (among other reasons). So, I myself tried throwing together 17 cards from the Spell Skool set in order to mock up a demo for our five newbies.

This is the card list which I pulled together, and I'd be interested in feedback - or, it may help you mock up your own demo if you share the love that is Munchkin with new players to Spell Skool ...

Doors (9, stacked in this order)
Mis-Spelled
Potion Club
Forbidden Magic Club
Cheat!
Curse! Dodgeball!
Pottygeist
Cub Reporter
Bully
Sasquatch Jr.

Treasures (8, stacked ...)
Academic Ad Visor
Fire Drill
Chocolate Slugs
Lern 2 Spel
Robe of Reprisal
Overstuffed Backpack
Speak Hamstertongue
Ring of Reacquisition

Then, you can follow the intention of the Marked for Death "script". What do you think?

We had loads of laughs over crushing monsters, looting the Skool, and cursing our buddies.
//jake
campbellsNYC is offline   Reply With Quote