Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 11-07-2016, 08:44 PM   #11
Flyndaran
Untagged

Default Re: [4e] Magic - FP cost enchanting and scaling?

My preferred way to quicken it is to allow special super hard to get ingredients that act as X energy points for fitting enchantments.

Dragon hearts giving X points for fire items, for example.
Old 11-07-2016, 09:21 PM   #12
Fred Brackin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
My preferred way to quicken it is to allow special super hard to get ingredients that act as X energy points for fitting enchantments.

Dragon hearts giving X points for fire items, for example.
Effectively a sub-set of Raw Magic from Thaumatology.
Old 11-08-2016, 03:06 AM   #13
scc

The Q&D limit is determined by two things: 1) How many mages take part in the the enchanting, and 2) How much each mage can contribute.

The first is eaist to mess with. Magic assumes that each group is lead by a skill-20 master and skill can not drop below 15, each additional member is a -1, so normally you can only have 6 mages in a group. It is however easy to say that the +4 for non-combat applies, and I'm not too sure how big a bonus ASTROLOGICAL MODIFIERS can give, but call it +10. That's 20 mages.

2 is a bit harder. You need to decide how many FP the 'average' enchanter has, as well as how big an ER, then add them. This, times by the number of mages is the base line for the Q&D limit. This can be raised by allowing for Powerstones, mana organs and all other energy sources, but that gets kinda complicated and I'm kinda tired right now.
scc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 04:08 AM   #14
Jose

I have found an answer to my query, and this thread is kinda void now. Thanks for the suggestions everyone, there are some great ideas here even if I dont implement them.

The solution is to use ingredients among other things, which I am currently researching.

Last edited by Jose; 11-08-2016 at 04:37 AM.
Jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 05:06 AM   #15
Randover

The base line for magic materials is that 1 character point equals to 25 energy points and that quals to 100 gurps dollars.

So if werewolves liver is worth 1000 dollars, adding it to enchanting supplies generates 250 energy.

If you are a player and not the GM, Stuff of Raw Magic from GURPS: Thaumatology is the best sollution. Because it gives the GM good controll.
Randover is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enchanting, magic