Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Warehouse 23 > Pyramid

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2016, 08:02 AM   #1
trux
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Roy, WA
Default Pyramid article for GURPS Traveller Cold Night on Dashgad

Hello all,

Timothy Collinson is trying to determine the issue that the GURPS Traveller article Cold Night on Dashgad appeared in. Can anyone provide the issue number please?
__________________
trux
trux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 12:03 PM   #2
RogerBW
 
RogerBW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: near London, UK
Default Re: Pyramid article for GURPS Traveller Cold Night on Dashgad

I don't think it had an official issue number, but: "Article publication date: June 26, 1998"
RogerBW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 02:57 PM   #3
trux
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Roy, WA
Default Re: Pyramid article for GURPS Traveller Cold Night on Dashgad

Afternoon PDT RogerBW,

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerBW View Post
I don't think it had an official issue number, but: "Article publication date: June 26, 1998"
Thank you for the bit of information and my apologies for not including Timothy's additional information for inclusion in his Traveller Bibliography and/or Traveller Periodical Bibliography.

Here is the information he has already and what additional details needed.

I'm just adding these three entries to the GURPS section of vol.2 of the Periodical Bibliography (below).

As you can see I'm good to go on the first and third. But does anyone have the second and would be willing to answer some questions about it, please?
(Like word count, date, whether it has anything other than text and so on)

Cheers
tc


PS You may also be pleased to hear that thanks to a Noble Knights' package recently arrived in the post, I've now done all the articles I'm aware of from Adventure Gaming. Including two I was aware of but hadn't seen (Scepter and Starship & Odd Thoughts from a Traveller Referee) and two reviews I wasn't even aware of (Striker & Thieves' World).


The Badestone Run

M.J. Dougherty & Neil A. Frier. Pyramid, 4 December 1998.

3252 words, online only.

∑ Adventure set in Milieu 0 and beginning at Apge (Core 0402) [A772A97-F] for which GURPS Traveller details and description are given.

∑ Description of a 14 passenger, HEPLAR drive spacecraft The Express.



An interesting mix of Marc Millerís Traveller setting, GURPS Traveller rules and HEPLAR from TNE as the PCs crew a spacecraft out to Badestone in the Apge system and have the opportunity to solve a murder en route.

Cold Night on Dashgad

M.J. Dougherty? Pyramid, 1998?

??? words, online only. [Collation?]

∑ Adventure set on Dashgad [Core 0603 B540103-C] for which GURPS Traveller details and descriptions are given in which the PCs must fetch the only cargo they can find from an outlying farm just as the world is about to enter the shadow of a gas giant.

Unseen. The Badestone Run mentions this as previously appearing in Pyramid. Its sequel is Long Night on Dashgad.

Long Night on Dashgad
M.J. Dougherty. Pyramid, 7 May 1999.

6284 words, online only. Ill.

∑ Adventure set on Dashgad [Core 0603 B540103-C] in which the PCs and local inhabitants face a 100kg predator that emerges in the plummeting temperatures. Sequel to Cold Night on Dashgad.
__________________
trux
trux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:28 AM   #4
RogerBW
 
RogerBW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: near London, UK
Default Re: Pyramid article for GURPS Traveller Cold Night on Dashgad

OK, in that format (and note corrected title):

A Cold Night in Dashgad

M.J. Dougherty and Neil A. Frier - Pyramid June 26 1998

4600 words, online only.

Milieu 0 adventure set on Dashgad [Core 0603 B540103-C], for which GURPS Traveller details and descriptions are given. The PCs must fetch the only cargo they can find from an outlying farm; complications include extreme cold.
RogerBW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 08:09 AM   #5
trux
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Roy, WA
Default Re: Pyramid article for GURPS Traveller Cold Night on Dashgad

Morning PDT RogerBW,

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerBW View Post
OK, in that format (and note corrected title):

A Cold Night in Dashgad

M.J. Dougherty and Neil A. Frier - Pyramid June 26 1998

4600 words, online only.

Milieu 0 adventure set on Dashgad [Core 0603 B540103-C], for which GURPS Traveller details and descriptions are given. The PCs must fetch the only cargo they can find from an outlying farm; complications include extreme cold.
Thank you for the update of the information which I will forward to Timothy shortly.

Please note that when I contacted SJG one of the staff indicated that the adventure was printed in the old HTML Pyramid and is not available online at this time.

I have permission from to Timothy to share his email address to those who may have Traveller material that he has not been able to confirm any information about. My I send you his address using PM?
__________________
trux
trux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 10:58 AM   #6
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants
 
sir_pudding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ventura CA
Default Re: Pyramid article for GURPS Traveller Cold Night on Dashgad

Quote:
Originally Posted by trux View Post
Please note that when I contacted SJG one of the staff indicated that the adventure was printed in the old HTML Pyramid and is not available online at this time.
Except for some articles that were made available as free samples, all of Pyramid 2 is currently unavailable (unless you had a subscription and have the archives).
sir_pudding is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 01:59 PM   #7
trux
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Roy, WA
Default Re: Pyramid article for GURPS Traveller Cold Night on Dashgad

Hello sir_pudding,

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Except for some articles that were made available as free samples, all of Pyramid 2 is currently unavailable (unless you had a subscription and have the archives).
Thank you for the clarification however, per the SJG representative none of the Pyramid issues that were part of the subscription posted web as HTML documents are available at this time. The representative did include links to a partial sample of the article.

May sent you Timothy Collinson's email address so that you may be able aid him in his work on a second edition of his Traveller Periodical Bibliography?
__________________
trux
trux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 03:17 PM   #8
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants
 
sir_pudding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ventura CA
Default Re: Pyramid article for GURPS Traveller Cold Night on Dashgad

Quote:
Originally Posted by trux View Post
Thank you for the clarification however, per the SJG representative none of the Pyramid issues that were part of the subscription posted web as HTML documents are available at this time. The representative did include links to a partial sample of the article.
I suspect you misunderstood. Some articles are currently available, for example: http://www.sjgames.com/pyramid/sample.html?id=3003. Furthermore people who had subscriptions when Pyramid 2 ended retain access to the archives, I believe (I don't know, I guess I had let mine lapse, and missed the boat). However, Pyramid 2 as a whole isn't currently available to most people.

Quote:
May sent you Timothy Collinson's email address so that you may be able aid him in his work on a second edition of his Traveller Periodical Bibliography?
I don't suspect I can help much; I don't have access to the Pyramid 2 archives, and I've never had a subscription to JTAS, but sure.
sir_pudding is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 09:19 PM   #9
trux
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Roy, WA
Default Re: Pyramid article for GURPS Traveller Cold Night on Dashgad

Evening PDT sir_pudding

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
I suspect you misunderstood. Some articles are currently available, for example: http://www.sjgames.com/pyramid/sample.html?id=3003. Furthermore people who had subscriptions when Pyramid 2 ended retain access to the archives, I believe (I don't know, I guess I had let mine lapse, and missed the boat). However, Pyramid 2 as a whole isn't currently available to most people.

I don't suspect I can help much; I don't have access to the Pyramid 2 archives, and I've never had a subscription to JTAS, but sure.
The odds are extremely good that I may have misunderstood based on the two or three links to samples the SJG staff member supplied. What I saw did not appear to be complete, but then again I was in a bit of a rush.

I had a membership to both JTAS and Pyramid when they were HTML based and I also missed the boat on archiving the material.

I'll be forwarding Timothy's address via PM shortly. You may have material Timothy does not know about or can not verify which is more than I can do.

Again thank you for your reply and allowing me to forward Timothy's address to you.
__________________
trux
trux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 09:38 PM   #10
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants
 
sir_pudding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ventura CA
Default Re: Pyramid article for GURPS Traveller Cold Night on Dashgad

Yeah, that's what I said, except for some individual sample issues the second volume (the web version) is not available...
sir_pudding is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.