Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2014, 09:29 AM   #1
Wandering Monster
 
Wandering Monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default Questions about Munchkin

I'm new in this forum. I'm sorry if these questions get asked often.

*If I roll the die for some random card, not a monster, lets just say The Dungeon Casino card from Clerical Errors, and I roll a death symbol. Do I die?

*From Munchkin Cthulhu, when the game begins and I look at my hand, for example, I was dealt with a Cultist and an Investigator. Can I choose to become an Investigator? Could I just keep the Cultist in my hand? Or do I immediately become one?

*
What exactly is the point of The Bagpipes card, from the Cthulhu deck? Does the die roll give you a bonus? But the card says "They do not help you in the combat, and you must discard the card if you cannot kill the monster without using the Bagpipes".


Thank you!
Wandering Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:46 AM   #2
bonetm
 
bonetm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brazil
Default Re: Questions about Munchkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Monster View Post
If I roll the die for some random card, not a monster, lets just say The Dungeon Casino card from Clerical Errors, and I roll a death symbol. Do I die?
There is no such a thing as a death symbol. It's just the Munchkin face, from the cover, representing the number 1. Treat it as just 1.
Quote:
From Munchkin Cthulhu, when the game begins and I look at my hand, for example, I was dealt with a Cultist and an Investigator. Can I choose to become an Investigator? Could I just keep the Cultist in my hand? Or do I immediately become one?
You can choose, the only times you are forced to become a Cultist is when another card tells you so, and you have discarded Cultist cards on the discard pile (note that Cultist cards go to their own discard)

Quote:
What exactly is the point of The Bagpipes card, from the Cthulhu deck? Does the die roll give you a bonus? But the card says "They do not help you in the combat, and you must discard the card if you cannot kill the monster without using the Bagpipes".
You are ignoring the rest of the text. On a 6+ result they do not help you, if you roll 1-5 you get that bonus.
__________________
Igor Toscano
MiB: #1602
bonetm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:03 AM   #3
Wandering Monster
 
Wandering Monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default Re: Questions about Munchkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonetm View Post
There is no such a thing as a death symbol. It's just the Munchkin face, from the cover, representing the number 1. Treat it as just 1.

You can choose, the only times you are forced to become a Cultist is when another card tells you so, and you have discarded Cultist cards on the discard pile (note that Cultist cards go to their own discard)



You are ignoring the rest of the text. On a 6+ result they do not help you, if you roll 1-5 you get that bonus.
Oh, cool! Thank you! :D
Wandering Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.