Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2013, 12:24 AM   #31
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer
 
Kuroshima's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)
Default Re: Modified Super Heal Power

If you are going the Affliction + Regeneration route, take a look at Blood of the Martyr in the Saintly Power-Ups article in Pyramid #3/50, p. 18. Modify it to taste, this version is specifically crafted for high special effects budget Dungeon Fantasy. Still, I believe it to be well worth the 186 point price, but for a Supers game, I would remove some of the limitations.
__________________
Antoni Ten
MIB3119
My GURPs character sheet
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:09 AM   #32
Nosforontu
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Default Re: Modified Super Heal Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arz View Post
Hi!

I played for a long time Gurps 3e and now, after years stationary, I am going back to 4e.

I'm trying to create a power that allows me to heal wounds on a campaign Supers - 500 points. I have both basic modules and the "powers". Would like something that allow me to heal companions in hard battles (maybe 10hp per use?), using a skill check in every attempt and without the constraint -3 for each use as it has done in healing power (B59). As I did not find the enhancement “affects others” like in Super 3e, idk if this was banned in 4e.
Thanks a lot!

How about putting Reliable on your Healing ability its 5% a level and is limited to a +10 but that +10 will only cost you an extra 15 points on your power. Then stick Requires Skill Roll [0% since it already has a IQ roll connected to it] of a medical skill (First aid, Diagnosis or physician all seem reasonable). This would allow you to bump your skill up by 1 for 4 points afterwards or roughly every 12 points spent on the skill buys off a full -3 penalty for repeated rolls.

Then just either load up with either Energy reserve for healing battery to draw on or high level regeneration [Fatigue] (0%) to keep your FP fully stocked.

You could also go with Affliction [Advantage Healing] (300%) and stick malediction on it (100%) which would cost you 50 points which would let you hit someone with a ray that temporarily gives them the healing advantage to heal themselves.
Nosforontu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #33
Arz
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Default Re: Modified Super Heal Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshima View Post
If you are going the Affliction + Regeneration route, take a look at Blood of the Martyr in the Saintly Power-Ups article in Pyramid #3/50, p. 18. Modify it to taste, this version is specifically crafted for high special effects budget Dungeon Fantasy. Still, I believe it to be well worth the 186 point price, but for a Supers game, I would remove some of the limitations.
Hi Kuroshima!

I will try check it, thanks for advice ;)
Arz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:45 PM   #34
Arz
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Default Re: Modified Super Heal Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosforontu View Post
How about putting Reliable on your Healing ability its 5% a level and is limited to a +10 but that +10 will only cost you an extra 15 points on your power. Then stick Requires Skill Roll [0% since it already has a IQ roll connected to it] of a medical skill (First aid, Diagnosis or physician all seem reasonable). This would allow you to bump your skill up by 1 for 4 points afterwards or roughly every 12 points spent on the skill buys off a full -3 penalty for repeated rolls.

Then just either load up with either Energy reserve for healing battery to draw on or high level regeneration [Fatigue] (0%) to keep your FP fully stocked.

You could also go with Affliction [Advantage Healing] (300%) and stick malediction on it (100%) which would cost you 50 points which would let you hit someone with a ray that temporarily gives them the healing advantage to heal themselves.
Hello Nosforontu

Reliable is in my mad plan! But in some way like Ghostdancer posted in page 2, in a imba combo. The main idea is be a "only healer", just like a MMO Cleric or something close. The Affliction -Advantage Healing will make a bit hard to my targets receive cumulatives heals of themselves, coz of -3 stack for use :)
Arz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:14 PM   #35
Peter Knutsen
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Europe
Default Re: Modified Super Heal Power

Hero System, IIRC, limits it by total healing per target per day, so that one character has the ability to heal 6 HP per target per day, and another 15 HP.

Doing it like that removes the challenge element of choosing whether to do small or large heals, though, and I do think that that's an important in-character decision.
Peter Knutsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:14 PM   #36
Nereidalbel
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Default Re: Modified Super Heal Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arz View Post
Hello Nosforontu

Reliable is in my mad plan! But in some way like Ghostdancer posted in page 2, in a imba combo. The main idea is be a "only healer", just like a MMO Cleric or something close. The Affliction -Advantage Healing will make a bit hard to my targets receive cumulatives heals of themselves, coz of -3 stack for use :)
You could throw in Area Effect on Affliction: Regeneration, then add Selective Area to avoid healing the enemy. Add Emanation and you don't even have to roll to hit.
Nereidalbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.