Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Old 09-11-2013, 12:52 AM   #11
Zenoob

Default Re: Gnome's illusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkiny View Post
The Gnome illusion ability is a discard ability of sorts. Just like a Cleric would discard a card from her hand to get a +3 bonus against an undead monster, a Gnome is using a monster from her hand to use it as an illusion. I know it's not exactly the same, but regardless of the outcome of the combat, the illusion, and any enhancers placed on it, will ultimately be discarded.
Hi, had this problem yesterday. My english might be flawed but if I understand correctly you DO LOSE your illusion as a Gnome if someone cursed you to change your race midfight?
Zenoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:27 AM   #12
Clipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenoob View Post
Hi, had this problem yesterday. My english might be flawed but if I understand correctly you DO LOSE your illusion as a Gnome if someone cursed you to change your race midfight?
No, you didn't understand correctly. Once you have used the Gnome's ability, the effect remains throughout combat as you already paid the cost to activate it, just like with the Cleric and Warrior examples. It doesn't matter if you discard the Gnome card in the meantime.

However, you do lose the illusion immediately if you decide to take on a helper instead, whether you are still a Gnome or not at the time you get help.

The discussion of discards in your quoted post is just saying that you discard the monster card you used for the illusion regardless of whether you win or lose the fight. Note that you cannot place Monster Enhancers onto an illusion or modify it in any other way, though. Munchkiny implied otherwise, but it is illegal to do so.
Old 09-11-2013, 04:20 AM   #13
MunchkinMan
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clipper View Post
Note that you cannot place Monster Enhancers onto an illusion or modify it in any other way, though. Munchkiny implied otherwise, but it is illegal to do so.
The original version of Gnome allowed for the illusory Monster to be enhanced, and either that was before Munchkin 3 had been reprinted, or he hadn't gotten a copy, and I missed his statement, so I didn't correct it.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gnome, illusion