Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 09-06-2013, 05:51 PM   #1
A Grue

Default It's a slow board, so...

Hey fellow IN fans!

Things are slow around here, so I don't feel bad starting a new thread and showing off some artwork. One of my players recently decided to illustrate our party's PCs and some of the trouble they find themselves in, and I'm so tickled that I have to share it with you all.

Link to DeviantArt (and is sfw)

Our campaign is definitely more of the "wacky fun" type of IN game, but that's what happens when you put a Laurencian Seraph and a Lawer in with a couple of Gardening goodie-goodies.
A Grue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:15 PM   #2
robkelk
Untitled

Default Re: It's a slow board, so...

So, how did you get the Ofanite to stay still long enough to pose for the picture? <grin>

(And I know "wacky fun" - my game stars two Seraphim of War, a Mercurian of Trade ... and a Bright Lilim of Flowers. It used to have an Ofanite of The Wind as well, but he took off.)
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #3
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

You should see our Bright of The Sword who started with Music ... never mind the player who runs both a Seraph of Judgment and a Bright of War. And argues with himself.

(Yes, Israfel's an Archangel in our game.)

Thanks for the pictures, by the way! It's great to see someone else's vision.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 11:51 AM   #4
A Grue

Thanks for the feedback, guys! Our Seraph is a good guy not-so-deep-down (like most of them are) but he certainly does take to his orders to Protect The Party with gusto. He's also been informed that if the Flowers break out into a hippie drum circle at any point in time for any reason, he's free to leave. No worries yet.

(And Robkelk, I love the sound of a couple of warmongers with the Mercurian of Trade and the Bright Lilim, haha! I bet you guys have some great interactions at the table.)
A Grue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 08:07 PM   #5
ladyarcana55

A while ago I was trying my hand at running my own game with my friends, but to say that it didn't work out so well is an understatement. One guy who thought that Malakim were heavenly Calabites...the Elohite who thought that having a child's vessel excused him from objectivity...the Mercurian who tried to seduce every female NPC he came across and the Cherub who was afraid to touch things lest he accidentally attune himself to it.

One of the things I was hoping to be able to throw at them when they got used to the world was for them to meet the Grigori. In my universe, they are not only still around, but they have thrived. They have learned to survive on Earth to such a degree that they are not only growing as a Choir, but they are also making their own discoveries. They have their own Songs that are unique only to the Grigori.

They have evolved their duties and they have modified what it means to be a Watcher. They are the black market dealers, the information brokers, the fixers. They deal with a lot of people and beings, but Ethereals tend to be their preferred customers.

I'm really sad I never got that far with them. It would have been fun for them to see that they aren't the uber badasses they are used to being.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:22 PM   #6
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
A while ago I was trying my hand at running my own game with my friends, but to say that it didn't work out so well is an understatement. One guy who thought that Malakim were heavenly Calabites...the Elohite who thought that having a child's vessel excused him from objectivity...the Mercurian who tried to seduce every female NPC he came across and the Cherub who was afraid to touch things lest he accidentally attune himself to it.
I remember your frustrations. I also have to admit that my temptation would have been to roll with it and turn it into a comedy campaign. :)

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:54 PM   #7
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
I remember your frustrations. I also have to admit that my temptation would have been to roll with it and turn it into a comedy campaign. :)
I actually tried, but the Malakite/Calabite is a hack and slasher, so that didn't work out. Add to that the Mercurian is a tactician who just had to plan every little thing. The worst part of it was that every time I tried to make it comedic, they took it to mean that they can do whatever they want.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
meta