Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 08-11-2013, 08:05 AM   #11
robkelk
Untitled

Default Re: Is it dead, Jim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex astris, veritas View Post
This is encouraging. Do we know what might be in the queue for IN? I vaguely recall Marc being the next Superior due for a write-up, but it's been some time. I'd love to see him, or any of the other major Archangels who never got expanded writeups. Jean could definitely do with another look, given the fifteen years of technological advancement since the corebook.
There's no way of knowing who's next - that depends very much on the writers. If nobody wants to write "Superiors: Uriel," for example, then it'll never be published. (I do know that R. Sean Borgstrom did some work on a writeup of Jordi, but I have no idea whether she'd be interested in doing more. What she has done is on her website, here.)

There are a couple-dozen books that could be written, if writers can be found for them - here's the list we came up with last year.
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:52 PM   #12
nuulak

Like a lot of products that SJGames produces everything is backed up behind OGRE. I want to say the last thing that i have seen written for GURPS was back in January or Febuary. I may be wrong though and that is excluding Pyramid articles were are outsourced and then compiled and edited by SJGames.

If you are looking for what could potentially be coming down the pipe you can look here and also get a feeling for what they are hoping to be able to release on the wish list.

I have been hoping to see something for IN NOMINE though. I managed to snag one of the original store promo posters that says IN Nomine played here and eventually I would like to play a game of it so I am not lying with it hanging on my wall.
nuulak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:36 AM   #13
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuulak View Post
excluding Pyramid articles were are outsourced and then compiled and edited by SJGames.
Pyramid is no more "out sourced" than anything else. GURPS is written almost entirely by freelancers. Only PK and Kromm are SJGames employees and that's as editors. As far as I can tell their writing goes through the same process as freelancers. Pyramid submissions included.

Last edited by sir_pudding; 08-16-2013 at 08:33 AM.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:58 AM   #14
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Pyramid is no more "out sourced" than anything else. GURPS is writing almost entirely by freelancers. Only PK and Kromm are SJGames employees and that's as editors. As far as I can tell their writing goes through the same process as freelancers. Pyramid submissions included.
Correct. And Kromm has made it clear that Pyramid is as much "GURPS canon" as anything else. (In effect, it's a monthly All-Star Jam, if you remember that book.)

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:18 PM   #15
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
Correct. And Kromm has made it clear that Pyramid is as much "GURPS canon" as anything else. (In effect, it's a monthly All-Star Jam, if you remember that book.)
'twould be nice if they'd accept IN articles... Has anyone tried submitting one lately?
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:26 PM   #16
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
'twould be nice if they'd accept IN articles... Has anyone tried submitting one lately?
It would need to fit an issue's theme.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
meta