Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2011, 12:28 AM   #11
vitruvian
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default Re: What combat benefits does Enhanced Time Sense give?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaraxes View Post
As an aside, where is the text about ETS letting you parry bullets? Precognitive Parry notes that the skill lets you parry bullets without having ETS (which indirectly implies that having ETS lets you do so), but the description of ETS itself doesn't note that ability. It has to be off somewhere else in the rules -- but where?
B212, description of the Parry Missile Weapons skill.

Quote:

You cannot parry bullets or similar high-tech projectiles! (
Exception: Enhanced Time Sense allows you to parry bullets at -5.)


Page 38 of Supers covers improving Bullet Parry as a technique.

vitruvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:39 AM   #12
Anaraxes
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Default Re: What combat benefits does Enhanced Time Sense give?

Quote:
Parry Missile Weapons
Thanks for all the references!

(I keep trying to talk myself out of buying Basic in PDF just to be able to search it... but I'm weakening.)
Anaraxes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:49 AM   #13
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor
 
Kromm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montréal, Québec
Default Re: What combat benefits does Enhanced Time Sense give?

The benefits of ETS, found by searching the Basic Set, Martial Arts, and Gun Fu:
  • all the benefits of Combat Reflexes (+1 to active defenses and Fast-Draw, +2 to Fright Checks, immunity to freezing when surprised, and +6 to recover from lesser surprise)
  • always act first in the combat sequence
  • always draw first in a standoff with unready weapons
  • always go first in a Wait situation/standoff with ready weapons, even unarmed vs. a gun
  • dodge snipers' bullets fired from "surprise" if you can see a flash, hear a report, or have Danger sense
  • ignore penalties to attack around fast-moving obstacles
  • invoke the Bullet Time rule, if used
  • parry bullets with the Parry Missile Weapons skill, or shoot them down effectively with the Area Defense perk
  • request extra time on the real-world clock to make combat decisions, even if the GM has everybody else on a turn timer
__________________
Sean "Dr. Kromm" Punch <kromm@sjgames.com>
GURPS Line Editor, Steve Jackson Games
My LiveJournal [Just GURPS News][Just The Company]
Kromm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 09:51 AM   #14
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper
 
vicky_molokh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kyïv, Ukraine
Default Re: What combat benefits does Enhanced Time Sense give?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
The benefits of ETS, found by searching the Basic Set, Martial Arts, and Gun Fu:
  • all the benefits of Combat Reflexes (+1 to active defenses and Fast-Draw, +2 to Fright Checks, immunity to freezing when surprised, and +6 to recover from lesser surprise)
  • always act first in the combat sequence
  • always draw first in a standoff with unready weapons
  • always go first in a Wait situation/standoff with ready weapons, even unarmed vs. a gun
  • dodge snipers' bullets fired from "surprise" if you can see a flash, hear a report, or have Danger sense
  • ignore penalties to attack around fast-moving obstacles
  • invoke the Bullet Time rule, if used
  • parry bullets with the Parry Missile Weapons skill, or shoot them down effectively with the Area Defense perk
  • request extra time on the real-world clock to make combat decisions, even if the GM has everybody else on a turn timer
I'm uFAQing it right now. Anything else? Any special interaction with Tactical Shooting or Supers?
__________________
Vicky 'Molokh', GURPS FAQ and uFAQ Keeper
The Eye of Eclipse Phase. A Discord server focusing on Roleplaying, Sci-Fi, Transhumanism, and discussion of other assorted topics, from tech to boardgames, from politics to philosophy.
vicky_molokh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:32 AM   #15
vitruvian
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Default Re: What combat benefits does Enhanced Time Sense give?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
I'm uFAQing it right now. Anything else? Any special interaction with Tactical Shooting or Supers?
Supers presents an optional rule for letting it allow a Parry Missile Weapons technique for parrying beam weapons.
vitruvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:20 PM   #16
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)
 
Mark Skarr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Default Re: What combat benefits does Enhanced Time Sense give?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
  • invoke the Bullet Time rule, if used
This alone has had me house-rule, in a couple of games, that you must have ETS and ATR to invoke Bullet Time

Bullet Time is awesome.
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:29 PM   #17
Kalzazz
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Default Re: What combat benefits does Enhanced Time Sense give?

I've never seen anyone use bullet time (or actually, any of the burn CP options)
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:59 PM   #18
vicky_molokh
GURPS FAQ Keeper
 
vicky_molokh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kyïv, Ukraine
Default Re: What combat benefits does Enhanced Time Sense give?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Skarr View Post
This alone has had me house-rule, in a couple of games, that you must have ETS and ATR to invoke Bullet Time

Bullet Time is awesome.
But costly.
__________________
Vicky 'Molokh', GURPS FAQ and uFAQ Keeper
The Eye of Eclipse Phase. A Discord server focusing on Roleplaying, Sci-Fi, Transhumanism, and discussion of other assorted topics, from tech to boardgames, from politics to philosophy.
vicky_molokh is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.