Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 10-01-2017, 01:16 PM   #1
Hellboy
On Notice

Default Giant baby hand grabbing two girls

Watching "Professor Proofed" and noticed the giant baby managed to grab both Blossom and Buttercup in his right hand.

Standard grappling rules I believe prevent using a hand to grapple when it is already holding something, including if it is already being used to grapple.

Are there any rules for high size level creatures being able to hold multiple enemies in the same hand?
Hellboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 11:56 AM   #2
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: 2 girls 1 giant baby hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Watching "Professor Proofed" and noticed the giant baby managed to grab both Blossom and Buttercup in his right hand.

Standard grappling rules I believe prevent using a hand to grapple when it is already holding something, including if it is already being used to grapple.

Are there any rules for high size level creatures being able to hold multiple enemies in the same hand?
Treat it as en engulfing attack, like a net. You grapple an entire area, and (if using TG) control points are rolled either once (for speed) or indivdually (so that Han can reach Luke's lightsaber).

But yeah, this is just "do the area effect rules apply," followed by "apply them."
Old 10-02-2017, 03:37 PM   #3
Hellboy
On Notice

In determining when thru apply would a hand need to be 3 feet wide to grab two people sharing same hex?
Old 10-02-2017, 04:21 PM   #4
Gnomasz

I'd say it's a matter of relative size of the combatants. Going by Large Area Injury (p. B400), you'd need 7 SM difference.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:47 PM   #5
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomasz View Post
I'd say it's a matter of relative size of the combatants. Going by Large Area Injury (p. B400), you'd need 7 SM difference.
That's one way to go, definitely. Thinking of a net, you'll want something that goes up one side of a hex, across it, and then down, which is five linear yards for the one-yard hex, which is 1 --> 1.5 --> 2 --> 3 -->5 +4 SM larger or so. I might allow SM delta of 3-6 or so use "Pass Limb" or Rapid Strike to try and get more than one critter at once, or if SM +7 just get 'em all.

If it's something you want to deliberately enable, use the smaller number (+4 SM) as a go/no-go.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:11 PM   #6
Hellboy
On Notice

Was digging through old threads and http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=70796 seems related.

In terms of size level and when melee attacks count as area effect, would a two handed grapple count as a size level higher than a one handed?