Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 03-27-2006, 05:53 PM   #1
LostPassWord

Default Problem loading a template + 1 other question.

I have a problem with loading the western dragon templates. Every time I try to load one, I get an error:

Run-time error '5':
Invalid procedure call or agrument

Is there anyway to fix this?

Also, how does one change the size modifier?
LostPassWord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 07:28 PM   #2
tmedwards

Default Re: Problem loading a template + 1 other question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostPassWord
I have a problem with loading the western dragon templates. Every time I try to load one, I get an error:

Run-time error '5':
Invalid procedure call or agrument

Is there anyway to fix this?
Hmm, they work fine for me. Are you using GCA v4.0.289 and the 21MAR2006 data update from the GCA update page?

Quote:
Also, how does one change the size modifier?
If you merely want to be much smaller or larger for your race, use either the Dwarfism or Gigantism disadvantages.

If you need to change it because your race is much smaller or larger than something roughly human sized, then you can change it directly from either the Attributes tab or the Quick View tab.

If you need to do both, set it manually to whatever your race's default SM is first and then add whichever disadvantage you need.

GCA4 resources: GCA Repository, Phoenix (r66), GMCS (2.17), Bookish (r12)
tmedwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 07:17 AM   #3
LostPassWord

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmedwards
Hmm, they work fine for me. Are you using GCA v4.0.289 and the 21MAR2006 data update from the GCA update page?
I had run the update the day before so I am pretty sure I have the most recent version. I'll double check when I get home.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:42 PM   #4
Giddoen

Well I am having a issue with GCA as well affter the latest updates I removed some of the data sets that load (the fantasy ones) and only want basic and interstellar as I am getting ready to run a space game. What happens is I lock up everytime I try to load a template, any template?

Any help would be great.

Giddoen
Giddoen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 10:52 AM   #5
Armin
GCA Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giddoen
Well I am having a issue with GCA as well affter the latest updates I removed some of the data sets that load (the fantasy ones) and only want basic and interstellar as I am getting ready to run a space game. What happens is I lock up everytime I try to load a template, any template?

Any help would be great.
I can't seem to reproduce this, either, as I have no trouble loading any of the templates I tried in the Traveller: Interstellar Wars file.

Sometimes, for reasons I haven't yet figured out, deleting your GCA.INI file will help with some odd issues. So, I'd recommend you try that. The GCA.INI file is located in your GCA folder, and holds settings for GCA. You'll have to reset your Options after deleting it, but please try running GCA and adding some templates before doing that. Then, if you change some options and have this problem, try and remember which options you changed so we can track it down. Of course, if deleting the file doesn't help, it won't matter.

Armin
Armin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 01:37 PM   #6
LostPassWord

Well, I checked last night and I did not have the most recent update installed. (I would have sworn that I had installed the update.) I can load the templates just fine now. I'm only workin with Basic Set 4e, Dragons, Fantasy, and Magic data sets.

I have a new question however. When I load a racial template, all it shows on the character sheet is the race and the cost of the racial template. Is there anyway to show the advantages and disadvantages?
Old 03-29-2006, 10:48 AM   #7
Armin
GCA Prime

Quote:
I had run the update the day before so I am pretty sure I have the most recent version. I'll double check when I get home.
If you're still having the problem, please let me know exactly which data files you're loading. I don't seem able to reproduce the problem, but it can't hurt to check with the exact same files.

Armin
Armin is offline   Reply With Quote