View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 12:34 PM   #30
Icelander

Default Re: Vehicles and Weapons from Fantasy giving me problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm
I really can't say it any plainer than this: "If your fantasy game needs TL0-4 vehicles, you'll have to wait for Low-Tech."
Said waiting would be much easier if one actually had any idea when that fabled tome of Ice, Cabarets and Chicks would appear. I mean, in the time we've been waiting, Obama has gone from an obscure Senator to President of the United States. Surely whipping up a role-playing book can be accomplished as well. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm
So now we wait. With apologies to those annoyed by this admission, those of us on the inside didn't think that all or even most fantasy would need vehicles, so we didn't prioritize such content.
I accept your apologies and understand that we must of course defer to the judgment of the professionals involved in the design decisions.

In my personal experience, every game (fantasy or not) eventually involves travel by means of a vehicle. And every time this happens, it's an even chance that some player will ask the question: 'Can I sink/burn/blow it up?' ;)

That being said, is there a chance of a Pyramid article on the subject, just to tide us over? As long as we had about ten basic ship designs, it would be easy enough to modify them slightly to represent nearly any vessel one could need.

A PDF supplement would be even better, of course, but that's much more unlikely. It would also be a significant amount of work, while the Pyramid article could be done in a couple of days by someone with a nice library and a solid backing in GURPS.