View Single Post
Old 08-19-2022, 09:20 AM   #45
Philip Villarreal
Warehouse 23

Default Re: New Shopify Store!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAA View Post
Report possible error:

I cannot see Cars Wars Miniature Set 4 anywhere. It exists. If it is out-of-stock, could it still be listed, but with an OOS marker. But, delisting it makes it difficult to know if it is discontinued or just OOS.

I know small US companies that still sell to the UK. I have bought from them with no problem.

Nothing has changed for small companies that do not want to sign up to UK VAT. You just put on the paperwork that VAT is not paid. It is therefore no different for the US company compared with before Brexit. It still gets stopped at UK customs. They send a card to the recipient to claim the VAT + handling fee. The recipient pays over the phone or even online. It arrives next day at your house.

If the US company wants to sell to the EU and sign up for EU VAT, it is exactly the same process as for signing up for UK VAT.

I noted the new Steve Jackson Aquarium project WILL sell to the UK. How is that different?
I'm able to find it: https://sjg-warehouse-23.myshopify.c...niatures-set-4

What were you putting in the search bar when looking for it? Or was it not showing up in the Car Wars section?

Let's refrain from discussing the UK/Brexit/shipping and keep this thread on the new store to avoid clutter. We know it's an issue, we are working on it and are trying new things. We just want to make sure before we implement anything that we are doing it properly to avoid any tax trouble.