View Single Post
Old 09-17-2021, 01:44 AM   #977
ajardoor

Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Could I get a diagram of this cavern complex? at least the part we're in? You've described it incompletely a few different times, and I've never been able to understand the descriptions, and I've expressed my confusion before. We should have a good understanding of at least this section of the cave because we've spent rests in it.
I do not have my computer with the Paint program on it right now...
The corridor from the cave opening leads down into a three way junction. To the left is the mess hall. To the right is the guard post. In front is another corridor going forward a few yards and then off to the right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinLorica View Post
Gathika threw her light like Bain’s attack, 5 yards away to cancel our penalty. It stretches 4 yards from that point to Vic’s attack range. It makes no sense to cast the light over us, we don’t want to cancel their penalties but ours. This isn’t the first time we are here. .. the watch post thing is odd. Bain checked the place, he said “preventive observation” or something. You didn’t mention anything new besides the zombies.
The light radius gets rid of darkness penalties within it, and like lights has a small 3 yard distance from its edges where the darkness penalties are only -3 or less (see the section on light sources), outside that distance the normal darkness penalties resume. I already factored that in.