View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 03:08 PM   #2
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping
Default Re: Pyramid #3/98: Welcome to Dungeon Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
There's an art to crafting opposition. The GM needs to mix classic fantasy foes with new, unexpected monsters to keep the delvers on their toes.
A whole bunch of monsters which, for the most part, aren't excessively weird, special purpose, or an excuse for a lame pun. Very useful. I am in favor of this article.

Quote:
But Building a Long-Term Dungeon Fantasy Game is possible, as Peter V. Dell'Orto shows. His detailed advice for everything from character building to world creation proves that you can keep things light, action-packed, and fun even after years of play.
A well-written article full of excellent advice, which I shan't follow. Peter provides much wisdom here, but I know I can never keep things simple, so I won't pretend than I will. I accept my fate.

Quote:
And I'd like to welcome you newcomers to our regular Random Thought Table; this month, it explores ways to keep players from getting overwhelmed by everything their characters can do.
"Hypothetically."

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Turhan's Bey Company is online now   Reply With Quote