View Single Post
Old 03-07-2020, 10:18 PM   #7
Ulzgoroth

Default Re: Questionable Power Builds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I've currently using Maximum Duration with Possession. The package is centered on mind control, and the specific ability inspired by X-com. The character can turn enemy soldiers against their friends, and direct their actions with a tactical level of precision, but only for a short time. Maximum Duration is for abilities that are "Beneficial" and "Switchable" and "Usually On". I can see Possession fulfilling all of those requirements, but its also an attack. I don't want the character to have long-term control of the subject, but I do want it to be useful in battle. I do feel that the limitation is meaningful: the controller can't take over the guy's life, and has a limit time to do really anything with the new body.
How can you see Possession qualifying as "Beneficial"? ("Usually on" seems a stretch too.)

I'd agree that maximum duration is a meaningful limitation for Possession, but that doesn't mean that the specific Maximum Duration limitation you're using is appropriate.