View Single Post
Old 10-12-2019, 02:19 PM   #2
Dalin

Default Re: Magic jewels thrower

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoganbball23 View Post
Hi all. I'm trying to create a nemesis type character for a fantasy campaign I'm running. My basic plan is a non magical but wealthy guy with high throwing skill and tons of spell stones on some kind of simple spring loaded dispenser.
Is the dispenser just to help with fast draw or is it actually shooting the stones? If the latter, then I don't think you would use the throwing skill. I would use crossbow (imagining it would be like using a pistol crossbow).

Quote:
1) Throwing is Dx-3 for a specific target or Dx even for an area. With range modifiers it makes it real tough to be an effective thrower if the object isnt defined as a weapon. How could I make this better?
If the character has the Throwing skill, they roll against that instead of DX, so you can boost that skill high enough to absorb range penalties. In DFRPG, you get a +4 bonus to target a hex, but I don't remember if that is DFRPG specific. (I couldn't immediately find it in Basic.)

Quote:
2) Any creative spell stone ideas? He is a bad guy so costs don't matter. I'm not trying to overpower people with crazy spells though more like creative ones. I'm hoping for the kind of guy that messes with you and you really dislike but doesn't kill you and always gets away.
I would add Grease and Glue to your list.
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote