View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 09:39 PM   #29
Phantasm

Default Re: Marvel/DC World-Character Supers Building

His main social skills are Acting (for running his cons), Fast-Talk (again, his cons), Intimidation, and Streetwise, with a bit of Leadership thrown in as he was the one folks turned to for leadership during the run of Justice League Dark in the Nu52.

John's considered a jerk by those he's conned and/or betrayed (including leaving some folks to die, IIRC) in the past, which is a pretty long list of folks. I figure he's got to have some kind of social talents in order to get that many people to trust him. :)

Of the various social talents I see in Power-Ups 3: Craftiness only has Acting, but also gives Holdout, which he might have (depends on creative team, I guess); Impersonator gives Acting and Streetwise; Super-Spy has Acting and Fast-Talk; Talker has Fast-Talk; Tough Guy has Fast-Talk, Intimidation, and Streetwise; and Smooth Operator has them all. I agree that a narrower talent may be more appropriate, but there's no canon ones.

That said, I like Kelly's "charming devil" talent :) and think it'd fit him.

* In this kind of crossover setting I could easily see him getting dragged into conflicts alongside the Defenders (who tended to face supernatural threats, though not exclusively).

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote