View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 08:28 AM   #65
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Default Re: Report To The Stakeholders

Quote:
Originally Posted by philreed
As expensive as hardcovers are to print, boxed games really start to shoot costs through the roof.

Personally, I think a problem with the RPG market is that RPGs do not look like games to the average consumer. A game, after all, should be in a box. There should be dice. There should be a board (or, at the very least, cards). And if it's a game, it should be shelved with the games and not with the books.

These days, I'm starting to think that the decline in RPG sales is slightly related to the decline in boxed RPGs. Parents shopping at Borders for a game are a lot more likely to pick up Munchkin -- hey, this looks like a game! -- than they are GURPS.
Who said GURPS Genre for starters in a box would have hard cover rules, that is what the box is for 8) it that diffract the thing is targeted to.

A Soft over GURPS stylized for modern diplomacy and special ops, some figurines, 3d6, and hex-map embassy board, and you a replayable game, for get the document, protect the principet, or even capturer the target, games.

it look s like game to parents, but fully compatible with GURPS, so may the will look at those nice Hardback later

P.S. and Qoltar, yes I know it's a variant of something suggested n the past, hence the "finally"
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote