View Single Post
Old 11-11-2019, 12:58 PM   #25
Plane

Default Re: [Magic] Double Checking Some Rules Mistakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by scc View Post
Given that your skill with Fireball still counts it's rather doubtful, but given that Enchantment Only Magery exists I don't think this holds up
What type of spell is being cast is an important consideration not just for One-College Powerstones, but also F129's "Divided Magery" where you take limits based on allocating your FP to only be spendable on casting certain colleges.

Your skill with fireball caps your skill at casting a Meta College spell like Counterspell, so I think it just caps your skill at casting an Enchantment College spell like Enchantment too.

I don't hate the idea of treating item creation as both instead of just one or the other, but then I think (like if you were casting a spell that appeared in 2 colleges, such as Lich being both Enchantment and Necromancy) that the way it would probably work is that you could fuel the creation of a Wand of Fireball with EITHER a Powerstone of Fire or a Powerstone of Enchantment, not just unrestricted stones.

Now I'm starting to wonder how it works with spells that belong to 2 colleges and limited magery...

If I had Magery 10 (Necromancy Only) and Magery 5 (Enchantment Only) for example, would I get +15 to Lich (both combined) or +10 to Lich (the better of the two?)
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote