View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 03:33 PM   #2
Alonsua
Banned

Default Re: Using Megacorporations

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
I like megacorporations, or more specifically mythology and the people behind them. In Apple we have Steve Jobs, behind Microsoft to Bill Gates, ahead of Amazon to Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg leading Facebook, and even McDonalds has Ray Kroc.

It is clear that each of these people has its peculiarities, but many of them shared a common goal: the dream and the passion to enrich themselves by changing the world (and even to change the world even if that does not mean getting rich).

Thanks to some of these people we enjoy many of the comforts of modern life, even internet we owe it to two visionaries, Tim Berners-Lee and Robert Cailliau. What I'm trying to say is that, even if it does not seem like it, maybe these particular individuals have done more for humanity than a superhero like batman or superman could ever do, and that fascinates me, motivates me to want to know that people, to find out how they think and why.

I never knew Steve Jobs personally, but the day of his death was for me the day when I realized that nothing lasts forever and all things have an end... but maybe that's why they also have a beginning.
Alonsua is offline   Reply With Quote