View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 11:53 AM   #91
temp

Default Re: International Relations and Implications of US Supersoldier Experiments in 2017

Icelander, from my POV, and what I have read in this thread, Col Ortiz has an unsolvable problem given the constraints.

He and his people have a) major but human enhancements and b) individual freaky stuff ( "Dr. Anderson is a Wizard in everything but name." ) that is clearly beyond human.

A faction of US mil/int/science community (MISC) knows about a) - and god knows which other nations (and or factions of their MISC's ). Further Col Ortiz intends to disclose this to at a least a faction of his chosen base of Operations. I am less clear who knows about b).

While a) might not result in a flat out invasion by the US or other powers, b) would be - your description of some of Dr Anderson's abiliities "Well, Dr. Anderson has powers that might allow him to obtain any secret that a person who sleeps has. Such as nuclear launch codes. He could also convince people of... well, anything, in their sleep." Is enough to allow a nation state to dominate the planet... especially if no other power has that kind of toy.

There is no gov't in south america that I would trust not to try and seize such power from the "asylum seekers" - so they would have to be top dogs in the state, which in turn brings about the full attention of the US Int community, which will lead to the whole MISC... Not to mention any number of non-US Int communities who will also be asking what happened there for these outsiders to take over.

The only govt's in the world who might not want to seize said power (or might be deterred by a human rights concept) are advanced western democracies - who have too many ties to the US.

If he and his people are not covert, he needs the resources of a major nation state (G7 member, China, Russia or equivalent) to prevent covert ops against him and his - and that might not be enough. Even if he has such a nation onside, no such nation is going to allow him freedom to act in the outside world without they're own political approval..
temp is offline   Reply With Quote