View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 10:15 PM   #16
David Johansen

Default Re: Local Stores Don't Carry GURPS any more

If your distributor doesn't carry GURPS it's a bit harder, you have to order direct from SJG's Warehouse 23. I've done it once and once I figured out why the shipping kept coming up so high it went smoothly. There are some books that are available from the warehouse that aren't available from Warehouse 23. I can't quite justify ordering cases of books right now. I've also got Dungeon Fantasy on order through kickstarter, though that isn't any kind of good business sense. It ties up capital or credit for far too long for too little return. I really appreciate that SJG has decent retailer kickstarter reward levels. But that same cash could have me product I can sell in a couple days. So it's still a case of supporting GURPS as a retailer because I irrationally want to support GURPS.

I've talked about in store print on demand as the way of the future but the infrastructure just isn't there yet and you need to convince publishers that giving retailers a discount on pdfs is to their benefit. You also have to convince gamers that paying for a book is better than downloading an illegal copy which seems to be the biggest problem the rpg industry faces these days.
David Johansen is offline   Reply With Quote