View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 12:34 PM   #100
Plane

Default Re: A Challenger Appears! Green versus Red

minor point: there are 2 rolls you make when you lose an FP

1) "Hitting the Wall" is an HT-based roll which can result in HP loss

2) "Persistence is Futile" is a Will-based roll which can result in pausing

I think your Will and HT are the same, so your PIF roll works regardless of putting "HT" in parenthesis, but I think you had to roll HTW first to see if you lost HP, since that could result in an IQ penalty from Shock.

At 70% FP, I don't think you've hit another threshold for IQ/HT/DX penalties, I think that was every 20% increment so you had hit it upon dropping from 9/10 to 8/10, whereas I hit it when dropping from 11/12 to 10/12 I think? Hard to remember.

Even though ST loss happens more incrementally, -1 to damage happening every 2 points of loss effectively puts it at a comparable rate of influence for striking. It would only matter more for ST contests, like choking.

please make a HT roll for Hitting the Wall to see if losing FP made you lose HP

unfortunately for me, I didn't include any house rules for being able to declare active defenses prior to resolution of to-hit roll, to allow stuff for making defenses against misses, for the purpose of stuff like critical success (which turns an attack into a crit fail) or using retreats (extra movement) or using stuff like Grabbing Parry (if either of us had a grappling skill like Judo or Wrestling or Sumo, which we don't, so I don't think we can do it)

On the plus side, I guess this means my untriggered AOD does let me make a HT roll to recover AP, which I may as well go ahead and do now...

I got a 12. That would normally be a slim success, but my -1 to HT from FP loss reduces my effective HT from 12 to 11 so I just barely fail, and get no AP back this turn.

What I do on my next turn is dependent on if "Hitting The Wall" causes you any visible damage or not.

I am assuming since you made no mention of using your free step that you have remained at reach 1, and are retaining it for purposes of retreating? I think you are able to use your step either before or after your attack, so you would have the option of using it to move to reach 2 if you'd like. You'd just have to pay extra AP to retreat if I did something like step back into reach 1 and try to kick you.

Last edited by Plane; 02-18-2019 at 12:40 PM.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote