View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 02:48 PM   #21
Kalzazz

Default Re: Low CP Characters: Start small, Grow often

Combat is rare in my games due to players having OPH Avoid Fights (joke on OPH, but definitely they are not combat inclined), when combat does happen is usually extremely fast and over the top 'nuclear weapons at 10 paces' style carnage. Such as 3 PCs square off with an Elder Horror (with Destiny Points), 2 zombie dragons, and 100 cultists, 90 with AK-47s and 10 with RPG-7s. 2 rounds later all enemies dead, 1 PC hurt at -2xHP or so and 1 PC untouched

I recently started scoring fights . . . . if the PCs win in 1 round its a Birdie, 2 rounds is Par, 3 rounds is Bogey, 4 Double Bogey etc.

Mostly I run 300/-150/-5 with very few chargen restrictions, so PCs tend to be fairly good at their specialties and highly dysfunctional

My long running Tanuki City USA campaign started in 04 or so, and is designed such that realism is discarded with extreme prejudice . . . so PCs may punch above their weight a bit. (Before I do things in that campaign I ask myself 'could I see this happening?', if the answer is yes I reject it outright)

We are actually doing a 'change of pace' campaign named 'Legend of the Zeroes' that started at 62 points, with the goal potentially being fail hard, fail often
Kalzazz is offline   Reply With Quote