View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #11
Talosian

Default Re: [GURPS DF] Welcome to Hell OOC

Quote:
Exactly tightly. I'm a stickler. Sorry.
Perfectly fine :P

Quote:
The spirits of the dead are insubstantial except in extraordinary circumstances. Kind of funny you brought that up, since--well, you'll see.
Yeah, okay. Unless that got bent a bit, it wouldn't work that well. Getting mobbed by the insubstantial is either rather tame (if they can't attack), or rather ugly.

Quote:
That being said, were this a normal campaign I would allow it. But in PbP, the enemy disadvantage doesn't really work, at least not in any way I can figure. It's either only ever going to come up once, or it's never going to come up at all.
Well, it's possible to use the Game Time modifier to put it in game time (by default, this would be one week). Given the way you're handling things like Luck and Wild Talent, though, I would assume that it would also operate on a whenever-the-gm-feels-like-it basis.

Quote:
Maybe we could instead go with a negative reputation or social stigma? It would be a lot easier to get the inhabitants to just generally hate you than it would be to say that somewhere down in the depths there happens to be something specifically targeting your character.
I doubt he could've killed enough people to get him a reputation with most of them, and negative reputation with a small portion is moving into quirk territory. Hmm.

Quote:
Anything down there that could come after you specifically would be mean enough that I don't think you guys would want to try to fight it . . . .
I was thinking that it would represent him encountering them, more then them finding him. Thus the Unknown bit. He's not being hunted down, he's just running into various people who've got a bit of a grudge.

-

Again, though, since it sounds like they'd be insubstantial, this probably wouldn't work too well. Unless you've got any idea for getting around that, I think I'll just skip it. Feel free to play with the idea at some point, though.

EDIT: Had to drop the moccasins. That's just sad. One of the easiest bonuses to stealth EVER.

EDIT2: Should we be prepared to rough it? I've no idea how to prioritize food/survival gear against weapons/armor.

EDIT3: Also wondering what would be considered a "full wardrobe", as far as starting clothing goes (obviously we'll only be taking what we're wearing, but does this cover ONLY basic clothing? Low-Tech specifies that Winter gear includes gloves and footwear, so there's definitely some question as to whether things like a cloak would be covered). In search of GM ruling.

EDIT4: Since I cannot find a price for a wire garrote, I'm assuming that the basic garrote price is for either a rope or a wire garrote.

Last edited by Talosian; 06-27-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Talosian is offline   Reply With Quote