View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 09:02 AM   #103
Tomsdad

Default Re: GURPS Releases seem to be slow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAR View Post
I'm not really being argumentative, I was responding to your comment
I'm not arguing back really just replying.

Quote:
It bugs me when this sort of 'criticism' comment is made without any reasonable justification.
Well that depends on the connotation we give criticism and justification. Given the level of detail given to some subjects, vehicles seem to be missing. However IMO its more that vehicles have yet to be be given the full glorious GURPs treatment, rather than some black mark against the game.

Quote:
It's kind of amusing that an often quoted criticism of GURPS 3e was that it was too complex, requiring 'advanced maths' (or something similar), which is often attributed to the 'maths' in the 3e GURPS Vehicles. (Damned if they do, and damned if they don't!)
Absolutely you choose your own poison I guess. I guess I would always want to be in a position to have something and not need it than the other way round. What is annoying is criticism that if its there then it has to be used.

Quote:
From a gaming perspective, I don't really need or particularly want complex vehicle design rules; as a maths junkie, I'll probably buy it, play with it, build spreadsheets and programs, just for fun!
That's fair enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Knutsen View Post
Hero System has a simulatative vehicle design system? And BRP does too?
Well since I'm not a fan of Hero and I am a fan of 'simulative' systems I'd say no but that's not what I said (or rather asked to give a examples of), do vehicles get coverage, yes. BRP I'm not sure I've not read much of the core. But like I said earlier what others systems do or don't have is not that relevant, I want GURPS vehicles because I like GURPS and how it does things not because the generic system next door just got one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailanka View Post
True, though by and large there are things people care more about than others. Spells and powers are a fixture to many genres and unlikely to get a handwaved response from the GM. The same is true of guns, blades and armor. Martial Arts is a little more niche, as is biotech (which, I'd bet, didn't sell like crazy).
True.

Last edited by Tomsdad; 01-14-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote