Old 03-01-2018, 06:21 PM   #17
wolf90

Default Re: Opinions Wanted re _OGRE In Space_ Movement

Quote:
Originally Posted by offsides View Post
OK, I'll bite. Link to find them? :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColBosch View Post
I keep seeing recommendations for those books, but I've also been told that I'm going to have to slog through some political opinions to get to the "good stuff." Be honest: how bad is it, on a scale of 1 to "For Us, the Living"?
I searched for "Old Guy Cybertank" on Amazon - all six books came up. I got them on my Kindle, but there are a variety of options. I assume they can be found elsewhere too.

Re: political opinion, it's definitely there, but in more of a tongue-in-cheek way than anything. Honestly, if you remove the term "Neo-liberal economists" from the books and replace it with some generic political party name, I doubt anyone would have an issue because it's so absurdly portrayed. Despite the title of one book and the term, I had no idea as to the authors views until I researched it to find out what the hubbub was about. Generally, the books are just really entertaining reads.

All this said, I do NOT wish this thread (nor any, really) to become a debate on political views, and will actively shut it down if there is any drift in that direction.

Enough of this tangent - we're discussing vector movement with Ogres in spaaaaaaaccccceee!

D.
Proud sponsor of Ogre KS $4.5k Sheet #3 - Bringing the Vatican Guard, a Tiger-striped mercenary unit, and of course pink GEVs, to a game near you! Orders may be placed here.
wolf90 is offline   Reply With Quote