View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 10:37 AM   #228
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: A Challenger Appears! Green versus Red

I forgot to apply the -2 to kicking. My biggest take away from this whole exercise is that the kicking technique is awesome and if you're serious about unarmed combat in gurps you want it. My bad, and we can either do the funny half telegraphed thing or we can apply the -2.

I don't remember any "Near miss rules". Which pyramid?

I think if you are making a slam, the attack AP probably counts as your deceleration AP.

If you're neither decelerating, nor evading, nor slamming... that is weird. we could argue that you MUST choose one of them. We could also do some weird house rule thing were the defender chooses if the action is an evade or a slam. The trick there is does the defender have to spend AP to simply avoid the evade/slam? I suppose the defender could choose evade and not resist it for no AP. But if I block either the evade or the slam... yeah, that shouldn't be free for the defender, but it either cost the attacker AP or make him automatically fail... and if he fails does he have to stop and spend that AP anyways? DX check to avoid falling down?

As a partial application of the "MUST" option, it could require a will check to not spend AP to take some sort of action.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote