Default Re: GURPS Supers Alternatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadDomain View Post

Aquaman V1 [1524]
CHARACTERISTICS [115]
ST 40/50 DX 13 IQ 13 HT 15
HP 40 Per 15 Will 14 FP 15
Thr Dam 8d/10d+2 BL 10/100 tons Speed 7 Move 15
His ST & HP seems low in comparison to Wonder Woman. Aquaman may lose on land, but shouldn't he be stronger than Wonder Woman when grappling underwater? Likewise, he can't soak much damage. I'd probably go 40/60 with HP 60 based on your prior characters.

Move (running?) 15 also seems a bit high, especially since jump is probably how he'll close quickly.

Quote:
Fast Swimmer 240 (2,000) Enhanced Move (Water) 4, Instantaneous Acceleration plus Enhanced Move (Water) 3, Travel Time [136]
Strong Leaper Super Jump 4 [38]
Undersea Dweller Nightvision 9, Scanning Sense (Sonar), Speak Underwater [33]
Move 240 seems excessive when you have Instant Acceleration on Enhanced Move. I'd shift most of it to Enhanced Move since he doesn't need a step 24. Perhaps Move 10 or so for swimming around leisurely and high Enhanced Move for getting from point A -> B during scene changes.

Super Jump should have a recharge/cooldown time unless you want him to be able to leap as regular move. Looks like he's have about a Move 10 that way?

Night Vision 9 is seems redundant with Sonar? I'd suggest Dark Vision with Sonar as an alternate if you really want deep sea vision.

Quote:
Forged by the Gods Thr+4 Imp damage, Fine Quality, Final Armor Divisor (2) plus Signature Gear plus Weapon Bond [21]
What is this - Signature Gear, Striker, Natural Weaponry, Innate Attack (melee)?

Quote:
Defender of the Seven Seas Reputation +3, Almost everyone, All the time [15]
Perhaps if it's a campaign taking place in Atlantis. Otherwise, he'll be regarded as a powerful monarch of a mysterious, closed nation. In the comics he has a strained relationship with the UN (environmental issues) and shows up to make threats periodically.

Diplomatic Immunity might be more fitting.

Quote:
SKILLS [164]
King of Atlantis! (WC) 15 [48]; Atlantean Warrior! (WC) 20 [108]; Animal Handling (IQ/A) 12 [1]; Boating (DX/A) 12 [1]; Navigation (IQ/A) 14 [4]; Riding (DX/A) 13 [2]
While he deserves that warrior skill, he's a pretty mediocre king (often neglectful, gets overthrown periodically, is largely ignorant of the court maneuvering going on). He barely hangs onto the job even with quite a bit of loyal support.

Quote:
Atlantean -5% Aquaman must return to water after a period of time or his abilities will weaken
[/quote]
You could bundle that with a dependency. I'd also quantify how quickly they weaken.

Last edited by naloth; 03-10-2019 at 07:05 PM.
naloth is offline   Reply With Quote