• there are divine and spirit realms that can be accessed by mortals
  • there is summoning magic
  • gods can make new portals
  • but the usable portal network is ancient and no one knows how it works

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Some thoughts:
  • Each portal is unique.
I can see many portals working differently, and there being many unique portals, but I can't see there not being networks of connected portals with similar identities- a set of Aztec portals, then a network of Grecian portals, to give a rough explanation.

Quote:
  • We have at least four instances of portals that target people: Kidnapper, Bugout, the legendary portal that brought the imperials to Fragment, and the River of the seasons.
btw- Those last two are the same thing. (A35/p43)

Quote:
  • It would be nice if the cues about portal identity are visually dramatic.
As in, the identity of the plane they connect to? So Mother Plains Portals in other realms (if they exist) all look similar and give similar vibes?

Quote:
  • I favor soft rules about what actually separates the cosmi and what they are as opposed to hard rules.
I can see both being useful. We want to allow some flexibility, but I have a resistance to making kitchen sink settings, as they tend to be similar to any other kitchen sink setting.

Quote:
  • You don't have to deliver the whole answer: dangling stubs are as interesting as fully fleshed solutions
I've actually often cut stuff that I've written and turned it back as a question, but this is good to remember nonetheless. Smaller steps are also quicker to take, instead of trying to sort out everything in one block.

Quote:
I hope that helps.
Very much so :)
And heaps of forum collabs, 30+ and counting!
Daigoro is offline   Reply With Quote