View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 12:08 PM   #4
Omegonthesane

Default Re: Can angels serve Princes, or demons serve Archangels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth View Post
In one game, it might be appropriate for angels to hide in Hell by assuming their vessel seemings and mostly keeping their mouths shut (remember, no lies in angelic! or in Helltongue, either, even if you know it...), or by bluffing with "You don't think I'm a very clean Shedite?" (the Kyriotate blinks its eyes winningly), or by having some minor sort of disguise (these stick-on tattoos are logically the best course of action for this mission).

In another game, the most cursory glance would reveal the divine nature of the angel, causing damned souls to kneel and beg for aid, clinging to the angel's wings, while demons yelped and ran and/or invoked their Prince(s) -- unless some powerful artifact were at work to conceal things. (And even then, the artifact might have a limited duration.)
#1: Wait, what? I thought "unable to lie" was a property of Angelic, not a property of Angels in celestial form speaking Helltongue.

#2: I'm reminded of a mini-campaign my group ran, where a bunch of renegades and outcasts got sent on a suicide mission into Hell by Yves to disrupt a ceremony involving a diabolical artefact made out of Hitler's skull and a Force that used to be attached to Legion. For the first iteration of that plot, the angels had devices to disguise them as damned souls; the second party to run through it was mostly angels, so they instead got disguised as their Fallen counterparts. (Though I wasn't there for the second, so can't remember if the Malakite in that party was pretending to be a Lilim or a damned human.)

Apparently my Theft Balseraph's odds of redemption kept fluctuating around the default, since he was frequently the most disturbingly eager to help others at his own expense, but relied almost exclusively on Balseraph resonance to get things done.
Omegonthesane is offline   Reply With Quote