View Single Post
Old 09-24-2019, 01:57 AM   #29
Lancewholelot

Default Re: Stunned after taking Wait maneuver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
Defenses are per turn. A turn is defined as "the one-second period that stretches from when he chooses a maneuver until his next opportunity to select a maneuver" (B363). Thus, a wait that triggers after your opponent chooses a maneuver occurs during their turn, not before their turn.
I tend to think of defense options taking effect after execution of action, since that's when weapon properties take effect on parry, though I think I do see your point. No defenses being allowed for an All Out Attack that is interrupted by a Wait seems logical, as does defense penalties for other attack options such as Committed Attack.

As far as I know though, someone doing a regular attack with an unbalanced weapon that is interrupted could choose to forgo their attack and parry instead since they had not yet executed. By that same logic, execution is the point that I've had the count for repeated defenses renew, though I concede you've a strong argument for it being otherwise.

The rules sure become fiddly when the Wait maneuver is employed. Exploitative players could possibly turn it into a GM's nightmare.

Last edited by Lancewholelot; 09-24-2019 at 04:35 AM. Reason: additional
Lancewholelot is offline   Reply With Quote