View Single Post
Old 04-11-2020, 07:29 PM   #3
Say, it isn't that bad!

Default Re: Fixing round length in GURPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny Brook View Post
I don't see how the proposal fixes any of the issues raised in your first paragraph. Also, I wonder if the discutants at the blog are aware of the GURPS Mass Combat system.
Since the only issue named, and the only one really raised, is the Observe-Orient-Decision-Action loop, and that GURPS rounds mostly consist of all characters doing Action, with no evident Observe or Orient, and less time spent on Decision, I'm curious as to where you got multiple issues from. Unless you're importing the entire blog post into my post.

Quite simply, my proposed house-rules fix this problem by limiting the number of Action... actions you can take (otherwise known as Discrete Actions), based on the number of individuals present in the combat, and thus an implicit amount of time that must be spent on Observe, Orient, and Decision actions (otherwise known as Non-discrete Actions). As long as there's more than two combatants, anyway.

If you don't feel this is a problem, then this thread is probably not of any interest to you.

I dunno; you could always ask him. He's on the forum.
Say, it isn't that bad! is offline   Reply With Quote