View Single Post
Old 05-03-2018, 08:38 PM   #1
tanksoldier

Default High Wis Low Int character?

So, I've been an D&D player since 1979. I've stuck with v3.5 for all these years but the group I play other games with uses 5e so our next game will be using that system.

Since it's a new game and a new system I decided to switch up my usual charcter types (some version of a ranger/ cleric or paladin) and play a fairly straight forward half-orc Fighter-Champion/ Outlander.

He was taken in by a temple at some point and trained as a warrior to assist and defend officials of the faith on missions for the Church... his Bond to another member of the party.

After die rolls and race modifiers I end up with the following stats:

Str-20, Dex-14, Con-16, Int-6, Wis-16, Cha-12

I don't want to play the stereotypical low- Cha half orc, and high-Int/ low Wis is the typical "book learning but no common sense" character, which seems wrong for this race/ background.... and which I've played in the past and found cliche'... but what is the low Int/ high Wis + decent Cha character?

I'm not planning to play him as _really_ stupid, just uneducated and ignorant of certain things. The proficiencies where he has problems are things like History and Religion... book learning topics.

He excels in the proficiencies that align with his class and background: Athletics, Survival, Perception, Insight... and Intimidation. He's even a decent healer.

So, what examples of low-Int/ high Wis characters can anyone think of?

In particular he is very perceptive and insightful... +5 in each.

I have some ideas myself but I'm curious what others think.

Last edited by tanksoldier; 05-03-2018 at 08:47 PM.
tanksoldier is offline   Reply With Quote