View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 04:12 AM   #3
kirbwarrior

Default Re: Large variance of SMs together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
Nothing like putting SM +6 and SM -6 folks together, though. That's... pretty large giants.
I like a lot of the points you made, especially about ogre slaves and the housing made for them. But the extremism is what worried me. The stairs issue is fine when it's a 3 SM difference but this is a 12 SM difference.

As for the giants themselves, I've always imagined titans (since I was in grade school) to be 10x height of humans and proportionally as strong (or stronger). There is a separate issue I'm trying to solve about point totals of races (but that's not for this thread).

To go through some of your list;
Temples can be titan-sized no problem, it's not that strange to imagine temples that big in fiction anyway.
Amphitheaters are similar, probably with seating getting smaller the closer to the stage. That stops different races from sitting together, but that's a logistics problem really.
Market places was one issue I knew about going in. Sellers can be of any size selling to any size.
Public Baths might be solved similar to amphitheaters, like how pools have different depths if smaller races want somewhere they can just sit in the water.
Housing, like you pointed out, would be easiest to accommodate the specific resident, and one of the guilds (the one that covers hotels, housing, travel, etc) might build houses in a way that can be deconstructed if they lose a tenant for low cost so they don't ever get too many houses of one race.

I do wonder how travel would work. I was imagining enormous teleporters between key points in the city (effectively magic airports), but maybe many personal ones to help navigate the city could make sense. That would constrain how I would have to do magic in the setting, though.
kirbwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote