View Single Post
Old 01-08-2018, 01:56 PM   #2
tbeard1999

Default Re: Melee/Wizard/TFT Character Analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyratejohn View Post
I gathered all of my old Melee/Wizard/TFT characters in a binder and I've been going through them these last few days.

Strange stuff.

At one point I was experimenting with high strength/low dex figures. And I mean LOW dex. For instance, I found a company of adventurers that went through Death Test. In said company there are two dwarves with ST 17, DX 6, IQ 9, wearing plate and carrying tower shields! That's adjDX 0.
We had a fondly remembered character named Dr. Jack. Dr. Jack was a walking bag of non-combat talents - master physicker, alchemy, recognize/assess value, chemistry, etc. He had 1 combat talent - knife. He generally wore plate armor and carried a tower shield, which gave him an adjDx of 1 or somesuch. He was obviously useless in a fight but he was a valuable member of the party because of all the non-combat stuff he could do. But stopping 8 hits per attack and taking the defend option made him surprisingly difficult to kill.

That caused us to muse about a fighter whose sole purpose was to tie up the enemy. All ST, minimum DX and IQ. Armored to the maximum extent possible. AdjDx of 1 or so. No one ever ran a character like that however. Is it possible your dwarves had the same mission?
tbeard1999 is offline   Reply With Quote